You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

BurningHills wrote:

Could Bucket or even - Slash be back in the picture?

This is going to be interesting.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I saw Brain and Frank live, and both are great!

My hybrid line-up (dream)! 

Zakk Wylde
Stinson
Izzy
Axl
Dizzy
Pitman
Ferrer

And yes, Axl and Irving Azoff are smarter than we think!!!!:slash:

Zakk Wylde would be awesome!  Izzy coming back is a pipe dream unless there is a reunion.  I hope he replaces Fortus but I don't think so.  Ain't sure about an 09 tour but if there is one then it'll be interesting to see who replaces Robin.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Could Bucket or even - Slash be back in the picture?

This is going to be interesting.

If Axl wants Slash in then Slash would do it in a nanosecond.  That I do believe.  He wouldn't be able to play Bucket's parts on the new songs but that is another story.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

that is a pretty good lineup... did wylde have a falling out with slash?
i know they used to be pretty close...

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I actually don't mind him in NIN.  His skills are much more suited to a powerchord rythm section.  I saw NIN touring for "The Fragile" and his rhythm guitar work was excellent, but the more intricate stuff eluded him.  At the GNR show in Perth, Australia last year, at least 20 people got up and walked out, I shit you not, after hearing his 'solo'.

And as for the SCOM Finck solo being 'intact' I respectfully disagree.  The fast run at the start of the main solo should have been replicated but instead he dumbs it waay down so he could cope.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

tylerdurden wrote:

I think (from what I have read in published stories) they are still close, but Zakk wanted to work with Axl (basically had joined the band), and Axl wasn't ready to tour etc. in 97-99 (was trying to figure out how to make a record without Slash).  So, I think Slash wasn't happy that Zakk was going to take his place, naturally.  Zakk and Axl are pretty close though, from what I gather---hung out and recorded in the same studio over the past few years, and have mutual friends.  There are stories to be found online where Zakk discusses hanging out in the studio with Axl and listening to the songs a few years back.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

that's what puzzles me, bucketfan...
he'd be a great rhythm player for guns... but how on earth could axl have heard that solo in rehearsals and not have been, like.."robin.. take that acoustic... ron.. it's yours..."
"BETA!!!... call slash!!!"
oh, wait... axl doesn't really attend rehearsals, does he?

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

I think (from what I have read in published stories) they are still close, but Zakk wanted to work with Axl (basically had joined the band), and Axl wasn't ready to tour etc. in 97-99 (was trying to figure out how to make a record without Slash).  So, I think Slash wasn't happy that Zakk was going to take his place, naturally.  Zakk and Axl are pretty close though, from what I gather---hung out and recorded in the same studio over the past few years, and have mutual friends.  There are stories to be found online where Zakk discusses hanging out in the studio with Axl and listening to the songs a few years back.

i also read in an interview with zakk when black rain came out, that he they were gonna call the record "chinese demOZcracy" cuz it took fucking forever to make the album.. then throughout the interview he kinda axl-bashed a little bit...

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

What's all this hush-hush hybrid line up business?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Yes he has done that, but it's Zakk, and he's said that to Axl's face and they've probably laughed about it.  They are friends, I know that from reading stuff, etc.  BTW, shouldn't we all take a deep breath, the website work for GNR always is shoddy--they could have just had and oversight leaving those dudes off the list for all we know.  Let's see how this plays out.

Board footer