You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

2) In this digital age ALL of the magic of new release music is gone for me. I'm going to use this "event" to get some of it back. Even though I've heard the leaks, I'm still excited as hell for this album and I want release day to be like it was back in the day, at least for this one release.

Totally agree. It's going to be like growing up again and hitting the store on Day1 - I think i'm going to have a listening party too for some friends to get hammered cranking this shit!

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I called my local Best Buy to see if they would consider a midnight sale.  They told me that corporate makes that decision and it's out of the local stores hands.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Probably d/l it - I would hate to be run over by a bus the Thursday before the CD comes out...

jerrylaughfz0.gif

2) In this digital age ALL of the magic of new release music is gone for me. I'm going to use this "event" to get some of it back.

Good point.

I think I can hold off.

Key word there is think. 16

We definitely need a section specifically for the leak discussion.

Yeah that's definitely the way we're gonna approach this. I would imagine around half the people here will wait for the release.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Good, I was hoping there would be a spoilers section so I could avoid it like the plague and not ruin the surprize. 

I don't want to know any lyrics, musical changes, who plays what, or anything else at this point of the game.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It'll leak about a week before, when advance copies are sent to journalists to review.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

we should ALL agree to hear it on the same day/night.......i know it is impossible to expect or enforce such a notion as everybody coming together for one cause but how cool would it be for the forum if we got everyone to meet in the chat room the night it comes out and listen to it and celebrate it together.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm going to avoid it until release day too. I'm less hyped than I would be about the release because I know the majority of the album already. I want to hear the last few unheard tracks when I play the album for the first time on release day. I want to still want this album when it comes out, not just buy it on release day because I feel obliged having been listening to it for 2/3 weeks already.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that a great perspective

listening to it again in leaked and final form and in turn buying it out of obligation might bury an ounce of resentment towards the album deep down inside where it will go unnoticed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I definately will not download it. I want the first time I hear it in its entireity, to be the day it comes out. Now that we have a release date, and everything is as good as gold, I can be firm on my commitment.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, you could even make the special section password protected, so people have to PM you for the password. That way, it's an extra layer of insulation for those who might easily be tempted to click into the thread.

Board footer