You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

mcalldp wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

If there's one thing that every fan, critic and hater should be able to agree on it's that Axl has just jumped up a hell of a lot higher in the list of all time greatest singers.

Until you get to TIL  13

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I really like the songs, and the way all the components have been edited together is at times wonderful, but at other times simply awful. There is no place for awful worksmanship in a project like this that has had unparalled resources, from producers, to musicians, to financial backing and to timescale.

Pidgeons of Death Metal are talking rubbish when they talk of production.

Go listen to Dark Side Of The Moon and read up on the wonderful and innovative production process those guys used in the days before computers. Taping tiny pieces of cassette recordings together with the sound of a cash register for the song "money", no samplers and those days - you want a loop, you have to piece one together by hand. 1 year in a studio and the masterpiece was flawlessly recorded.

Sky Dog wrote:

good example....however, there aren't near as many instruments involved....no clutter whatsoever. But, I pin the clutter on Axl.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
mcalldp wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

If there's one thing that every fan, critic and hater should be able to agree on it's that Axl has just jumped up a hell of a lot higher in the list of all time greatest singers.

Until you get to TIL  13

i already have axl on that list of elitists but this album leaves no doubt. he has an amazing range and a whole laundry list of accents and colors he can do with his voice. his natural voice, what most people rely on, isn't even his most commonly used voice which is uncanny. i actually wish he used his natural singing voice more often for it is perfect.

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:

That's it.  I'm makin' my own CD:

1. Chinese Democracy (June '08 demo)
2. Shackler's Revenge (Final version or "imsorry" mix)
3. Better (June '08 demo)
4. The Blues (June '08 demo)
5. If The World (June '08 demo)
6. There Was A Time (June '08 demo)
7. Catcher In The Rye ("Remastered" original demo)
8. Scraped (Final version)
9. Rhiad And The Bedouins (June '08 demo)
10. Sorry (Final version)
11. I.R.S. (June '08 demo)
12. Madagascar (June '08 demo)
13. This I Love (Final version)
14. Prostitute (June '08 demo)
15. Oh My God (End Of Days soundtrack)
16. Silkworms ("Remastered" live version)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
whatisitman wrote:

That's it.  I'm makin' my own CD:

1. Chinese Democracy (June '08 demo)
2. Shackler's Revenge (Final version or "imsorry" mix)
3. Better (June '08 demo)
4. The Blues (June '08 demo)
5. If The World (June '08 demo)
6. There Was A Time (June '08 demo)
7. Catcher In The Rye ("Remastered" original demo)
8. Scraped (Final version)
9. Rhiad And The Bedouins (June '08 demo)
10. Sorry (Final version)
11. I.R.S. (June '08 demo)
12. Madagascar (June '08 demo)
13. This I Love (Final version)
14. Prostitute (June '08 demo)
15. Oh My God (End Of Days soundtrack)
16. Silkworms ("Remastered" live version)

Already? 18

Not knocking you for it. Music is music, and you should listen to what you like. However, you should allow the album to sink in properly before creating your own Chinese Democracy.

Having said that, I will be doing the same in the future. That original Riad leak with the intro added will be a monstrosity. I also prefer the IRS leak from earlier this year. I love the tone on Tommy's bass on that track, and its underneath a wall of sound on the album.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Clutter usually means unnecessary as well.

I'm suprised so little people have commented on sloppy production when reasons for disregarding Oh My God by the masses, poor production is top of the list.

Personally I rate it very highly, one of the best new gnr songs I ever heard. There was room for it this disc and I think it would have broke up the piano songs a little bit more.

Oh well, I can always make my own mix up like whatsitman.(silkworms? really?)

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Tommy is a bit MIA on this album is he not?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Tommy isn't necessarily 'missing' on the tracks(well, not all of them anyways), there are just too many sounds competing for your ears.

Just listened to IRS again. While you can hear him, the mixing seems to have altered the tone a bit, or maybe even a slightly different take was used. When I heard the IRS leak earlier this year, his sound really reminded me of Ben Shepard. Something got lost from 'demo' to mastering.

Not gonna whip out the demos for comparison purposes yet. Trying to just dive into the final product and not nitpick too much, but other than Ron's needless contribution to the track, the bass is what I first noticed.

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:

I understand the need or desire to include Ron & Frank on the disc, but they really should have just waited until the second disc (?), or maybe just featured them in the "new" songs...  I dunno...

Board footer