You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Olorin wrote:

I agree Tommy is definently buried as oppose to missing. Buckets lovely funky guitars on ITW are there but buried amongst the clutter.

I wonder if the "ominous" sub bass by pitman is to blame.

Is it that cheap n nasty techno bass that keeps popping up on new gnr songs?

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Agreed!

whatisitman didnt you used to post on thenewguns.com??

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm very gratefull to have discovered Brain thanks to this project. This guy is a wizard, completely immpecable at his work, totally inspired and a joy to listen to.
Honestly this guy makes me want to take up the drums the way Slash made me want to pick up guitar.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

just listened to scraped... HOLY SHIT!!!   best song on CD for me!!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Chinese Democracy, Better, The Blues, TWAT, IRS, Madagascar they all sound great. But I don't think I'll be listening to them again for a long time. It's like getting a copy of AFD pretending it's new.

Shackler and Rhiad don't do much for me, but decent songs to pick up once in a while.

Prostitute, If The World, This I Love, Sorry, Scraped and Catcher all sound amazing though. I keep imagining what this album would have been like had we not heard half of it for years already. It's a shame, I consider 12 out of 14 songs killer, but I will only listen to 6 of them for a couple of weeks. After that I'll probably not listen to CD for a long time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Tommy is the shocker for me. I thought he'd be all over this album, and it turned out he had an average, if not below average contribution.

Richard, not at all. I knew he was a touring guitarist from day one, and got flamed to death for it for years.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Chinese Democracy, Better, The Blues, TWAT, IRS, Madagascar they all sound great. But I don't think I'll be listening to them again for a long time. It's like getting a copy of AFD pretending it's new.

Shackler and Rhiad don't do much for me, but decent songs to pick up once in a while.

Prostitute, If The World, This I Love, Sorry, Scraped and Catcher all sound amazing though. I keep imagining what this album would have been like had we not heard half of it for years already. It's a shame, I consider 12 out of 14 songs killer, but I will only listen to 6 of them for a couple of weeks. After that I'll probably not listen to CD for a long time.

the definition of "downloadinf motherfucker" i guess
LOLLLL
its a shame i know what you mean.. some songs have lost their appeal, or even during the mix they have lost something else.. almost wish i never listened to begin with.
Those "skips" now were a god send

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's a fuckin' comedy. Those that cared the most and stood by the band for all these years, decades, are the ones ending up being burned. And we have nobody else to blame but ourselves. (Yeah, yeah, blame Axl Bono, he didn't force you wink )

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Agreed!

whatisitman didnt you used to post on thenewguns.com??

I'm a member of all GN'R boards.  Nothing I've posted here has been locked or deleted yet though, so...

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:
mcalldp wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

If there's one thing that every fan, critic and hater should be able to agree on it's that Axl has just jumped up a hell of a lot higher in the list of all time greatest singers.

Until you get to TIL  13

I completely respect your opinion and think it's great that every loves different songs, but I can't fathom how you don't like TIL's vocals. They are absolutely wrought with emotion; the really long 'goodbye' at the end absolutely killed me the first time I heard it.  And the first verse, the way he goes from that beautiful new clean lower register straight up into a rougher high register is just perfect to me.

Board footer