You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Olorin wrote:

Not really, the "demos" were one shot shy of being finished at one point, some probably were done. Prostitute is the  same as the album version, only better mixed. If the demos sucked they would been unlistenable for so long, as one reporter said "these are the best produced demos of all time", GNR called them rough demos to save face, just like Oh My God.

The 2002 Boston promos was clips from the original CD leak, Maddy leak and The Blues leak.

Sky Dog wrote:

if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'.......

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Not really, the "demos" were one shot shy of being finished at one point, some probably were done. Prostitute is the  same as the album version, only better mixed. If the demos sucked they would been unlistenable for so long, as one reporter said "these are the best produced demos of all time", GNR called them rough demos to save face, just like Oh My God.

The 2002 Boston promos was clips from the original CD leak, Maddy leak and The Blues leak.

True.

One thing to understand with the CD demos vs. the old band's demos, is that there's nothing in the CD demos that will CHANGE whether someone likes the song. Even Catcher In The Rye. Even though May should've been left in, the song is still - a great song.

Only diehard fans will even notice the changes imo.

For the most part, whatever songs you liked as demos, are the same songs you'll like on the album. Nothing will sway you good or bad.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Well I thought I liked Riad least for years, but its pushing for top position now. Catcher was in my top 3 previously, now its bottom 3. Its nowt to do with the solo, I just dont think it sounds very good. Only addition I like is the new drums.
Mabye when I get the album in its true format I'll like the new Catcher more, I do really like the new drums and I'll always love the vocals.
I've just noticed Tommy's bass on it as well, sounds quite cool. No Pitman sub bass drowning it out either. Its the guitars in outro that really puts me off, urgh.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

How hard does Brain hit those drums when he does his drum rolls??? 9  Is that his famous "feel"?

That picture in the booklet cracks me up, he is fucking pounding them!!

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

^ He pounds the absolute crap out of them on Shackler's!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Star of show for me on the album apart from Axl. Honestly the best drumming I've ever heard. I wish there was something more interesting going on during the solo in Madagascar, it just plods on.

I cant wait to get this album on vinyl and a big ass bag of Chronic.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I'd consider Danny Carey a better drummer than Brain, but only just.

Off topic, but I could watch this guy drum for hours on end;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZcTLbibLgw

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Is that Tool drummer? Sounds pretty cool.

That famous Bucket N' Brain clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo

While we're talking about Brain, his drumming in Catcher In The Rye is absolutely fantastic.

02:11-02:48 is just amazing.

Board footer