You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Dadud wrote:

Sounds like axl used the 1999 vocals for the new catcher. Not that theres a problem with it. just pointing it out

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno i've seen someone do an image copy of a disk and it copied the copy protection and everything 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Sounds like axl used the 1999 vocals for the new catcher. Not that theres a problem with it. just pointing it out

The vocals do sound similar, but they lose that semi haunting feel they had in this polished version.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i thought it would be a forgone conclusion at this point that everything on the albuym would be highly "polished" and "layered"

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Uh, i dont think they took brian may out. I still hear the same guitars as in the original, i think its lower in the mix, i can barely hear it over bumbles guitar though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought it would be a forgone conclusion at this point that everything on the albuym would be highly "polished" and "layered"

The polishing didn't shock me. What surprised me is some of the emotion was lost in the shuffle.

I've said this a bunch of times, but now that we've heard the whole album I'm gonna say it again.....

This material is really bogged down in the 90s. That obviously has no reflection on the quality, but its like sitting in a time capsule when you listen to this stuff.

Read a bit of the reaction on a different forum, and literally laughed out loud when I saw someone say this stuff is "too complex for the mainstream". Dude who said that needs to listen to something besides GNR.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

what's too complex? 16

weird to see the reviews of catcher seem to be a bit of a let down..but maybe i'll dig it...i know my biggest beef was that it sounded too much like an attempt to recreate old gnr so maybe the changes will sit well with me smile

anyway is it the general consensus that Sorry and This I Love are ballads and scraped is a rocker?

that would make 8 ballads...yikes

fora
 Rep: 2 

fora wrote:

someone pm please?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

nevermind.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what's too complex? 16

weird to see the reviews of catcher seem to be a bit of a let down..but maybe i'll dig it...i know my biggest beef was that it sounded too much like an attempt to recreate old gnr so maybe the changes will sit well with me smile

anyway is it the general consensus that Sorry and This I Love are ballads and scraped is a rocker?

that would make 8 ballads...yikes

I don't mind a Rod Stewart or Elton John, and I actually would love to see Axl take that plunge because I think his voice and feel is perfect for it; but do it or don't, you know? If you're going to put 8 or 9 ballads on an album, it drowns everything else rather than making the rockers stand out.

Contrarily, I think all the ballads are just so damned depressing. I guess it reflects Axl's life and in that sense it's really touching, but damn.

Board footer