You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Sky Dog wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I think Axl was tearing Slash a new one .

Unfortunately, I do think it is about Slash or at least parts of it. Richards wrote a nasty song about Jagger on one of his solo albums. Lennon wrote something bad about McCartney too. It has been done before.:(

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

hmm, ive somehow made Scraped just a teeny bit better to listen to....

Shackler
 Rep: 0 

Shackler wrote:

Scraped would be a kick ass single, the part after the "dont you try and stop us now" when he first says it, sounds A LOT like Audioslave that riff, and just tone in general.  This I love is a very emotional song and I can see it actually making people cry while listening to it, I agree that the guitar in the beginning of Street of Dreams kinda kills it, it sounds "cheap", I for some reason do not  like "Sorry" I know Axl said there are going to be some songs you wont like and "Sorry" is one of them, its just too slow, empty feeling, CITR is really good a lot of people will be pleased with that one, May's whole playing was better IMO but everything else is great on the track, I really like Scraped tho, it kicks every single leak's ass including the older leaks and its not even a good quality leak big_smile

Also I think Bach actually did describe Sorry well to a point, it is slow and grinding and you can see some parts of "Doom metal" in it

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Just wondering but any chance some of these are False titles? or old demos that aren't complete

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sorry is pretty cool, love the ambience. At first it reminded me of the Division Bell album but I now I'm used to it I can apprieciate as its own song without really being reminded of anything else.
He does sound quite bitter lol, but when has Axl Rose never been completely genuine about his feelings in songs, I'm sure he is bitter about quite a lot of things. He never bullshits for the sake of making a song popular.
It doesnt seem to be a very happy album, its consumed with references to his broken down relationships and the constant critisism and attacks thrown at him over the years. The only song that seems to suggest some kind of inner peace and redemption is Madagascar and perhaps Prostitute. I hope the finished version of Maddy is poles apart from the skewrl leak because it is a fantastic piece of music and that version doesnt do it justice at all.
I get the impression this is the album that Axl  wanted to put out years ago and nothing has changed his mind, not even the passing years. I guess this is Chinese Democracy as he wanted it then, more or less, with just some minor additions.
He did say years ago the plan was to get all the recording done and dusted, then release successive albums and tour to support them. Just like he said what the album cover was going to be. I'm hopefull for another album in 2010 after the 2009 world tour.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Some interesting comments over at buckethead.tk about Sorry. One is that the intro sounds like it might have evolved into a whole different song on Bucket' Pepper's Ghost CD. Anyone confirm this who has heard it? Also, the Sorry solo reminds at least a couple people of the solo in Sea of Expanding Shapes, which was a Bucket song from the late-90s. James?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Wow, some great fucking lines from Axl in Sorry.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you, than to live with the lies about me"- that line is amazing.

Pine Barrens
 Rep: 0 

Pine Barrens wrote:

Ok, I was definitely not going to listen to these...but I am weak. My Best Buy pre-order is less than a month away from arriving, yet I cannot wait...If I could only find these songs somewhere smile

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Just wondering but any chance some of these are False titles? or old demos that aren't complete

Sorry, no chance.

Board footer