You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Gagarin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl specifically said in the Making of Estranged Video that there was a SONG, not a video that was originally planned, that couldn't work now (I assume he was referring to Steph), and that was the reason Estranged because 'Part IV' of the Trilogy.

I'm not saying that supposed scapped song was This I Love, but I do think it's quite ironic that This I Love was rumored then, and yet has the striking 'vibe' it has, in comparison to those Illusion songs.

And This I Love, I believe, dates back to 1992, not 1994. The Estranged video wasn't shot until 1993 I believe, and released in 1994. This I Love could've been in the plans for "the next album" that never came... well... until 2008 that is.

I've watched Making Fucking Videos many times... I never got the sense from that that there was  SONG... it was a video that was messed up.

Winker is right - Don't Cry, November Rain, and Estranged as theamatically linked - theatrically - and through 'genre', they aren't lyrically linked like a big epic.

Don't Cry was based off something that happened in the early 80's with Izzy, Axl, and a girl. November Rain came from the relationship with Erin - so did Estranged.

There seems to be confusion in the article I saw that's pointing to the 1992 date... like the person was confused. They were thinking of the TSI sessions (which were done during and after the tour, but mostly at the tour). It seems to me that TIL was written in 1994. At least after the Stephanie break up. (This comes from sic's commentary in Chinese Whispers).

I doubt Axl, as a song writer, says "I need to make a song that fits into this stage of the mourning and break up process..."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't swear by it, but I thought Axl was mentioning This I Love as early as 1992. Just because the song itself was wrote post-NR/Estranged, doesn't mean that TIL wasn't intended to originally be Part III, apart of the themeatic videos.

I'm sure when Don't Cry was wrote, they didn't know that it'd tie into November Rain's video, and that song would tie into Estranged and so forth.

Estranged wasn't even pushed, single or video 'til well past UYI2's release. They could've easily done TIL, released it as a single & video after Rain, then did the Estranged thing, but TIL the song wouldn't be on a GN'R album 'til the next original album of material. Because, like you said, they aren't linked as songs. So it doesn't really matter what order they're released as music.

Now if the 1994 date is correct, as you said, with TIL being written, then yeah it's pretty far-fetched. TIL would've had to of been a totally completed song by 1994 for that to of happened, and considering production on the video started in 1993, it's far-fetched.

Plus, I thought Steph & Axl were splitsville before 1992 was even over. By 1994, all that shit with Steph was OLD news. By then she was prepping her lawsuit.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

old news? its safe to say a lot of axl's current lyrics are still inspired by erin. and i dont think november rain is about erin either, simply because he had it written before they were together, i remember slash said axl was pissed because he couldnt put november rain on appetite as they already had SCOM.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

old news? its safe to say a lot of axl's current lyrics are still inspired by erin. and i dont think november rain is about erin either, simply because he had it written before they were together, i remember slash said axl was pissed because he couldnt put november rain on appetite as they already had SCOM.

What?
You mean Steph when you said Erin in your post right?

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

yea sorry, steph not erin.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

This thing still not leaked yet?

Sky Dog wrote:

what do you care? You don't like it anyway.....

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

What do you guys think of Rons solo on Riadh?  I'm missing the end of buckets solo with the vibrato just as the vocals come back in, that was one of my favorite parts of his.  Rons' new solo doesn't fit in anywhere near as good as far as I'm concerned.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

none of bumbles solos fit anywhere in any gnr song, new or old big_smile

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
madagas wrote:

what do you care? You don't like it anyway.....

Thanks for your help.

So what if I dont like the song, doesnt mean I dont want to hear the whole album.

Board footer