You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Olorin wrote:

OK listening to Catcher just I realised something.

I got in tuned to the music, its different version obviously but something suddenly stood out.
The music seems to flow fine, that backing track works well enough on its own, the new guitars etc sound ok. They are not wonderful but not as bad as I first thought. They have obviously been given the basic structure of the song to work on and made their own intepretations.
The big problem I'm detecting is these vocals were sung to match the other version, and have just been lifted and pasted onto this version.
There are moments with serious clashes, the vocals and music in the outro are not following the same hymn page!

I used to be a dj locally and was pretty good, I used to try some far out stuff like trying mash ups between songs live, trying to make new songs out of them. Its pretty obvious when some songs dont flow together, thats why when you get it right, it sounds brilliant, get it wrong and it will sound a mess.

In Catcher the vocals and the music dont always tie in together, its not glaringly obvious because they are not 2 completely different songs, but the decision to lazily paste the old vocals onto a new track has backfired.
They just dont work with each other, the first half of the song is not too bad, its fine actually, but the 2nd half when things get moving.... oh dear. The clash of musicians and singer has completely derailed from the fact, that this is a really good song. 17

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

but if you never heard the leak then you probably wouldnt notice.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

No I suppose you might think it had always sounded bad.

mikepatton
 Rep: 1 

mikepatton wrote:

They're discussing songs at MSL's forum... right now they're discussing better and there was a time, and they'll likely discuss other songs soon.

The chat seems to be broken for me at least

oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

Something seems to be afoot.  We shall see what the next few hours may bring.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

what's the site?

mikepatton
 Rep: 1 

mikepatton wrote:
oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

I'm a bit skeptical here..Certainly better mixes, but if you listen to the Maddy sample on the dutch website, you'll notice Ron's power chords on the chorus missing from this poster's track.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I downloaded TWAT, I think its a fan edit of the MSL leak. Where Tommys bass which is so apparant on the outro on the Skewrl leak? Not there from what I hear.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Damn. Oh well, I'm off to bed then.

Board footer