You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

axlgod wrote:

just on a side note, how do you get lossless onto your ipod?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
axlgod wrote:

just on a side note, how do you get lossless onto your ipod?

It's no different than mp3 or AAC. Just rip your CD's to either the WAV format or Apple Lossless. FLAC will not play on an iPod if I remember correctly.

axlgod

axlgod wrote:

i'm a member of a v.good private music torrent site, they have alot of lossless albums on there. could i just download one and drag it across to itunes? & would it play on my ipod?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
axlgod wrote:

i'm a member of a v.good private music torrent site, they have alot of lossless albums on there. could i just download one and drag it across to itunes? & would it play on my ipod?

If the files are in the FLAC format, I don't think they will work in iTunes or on your iPod. You would probably need to burn them to an audio CD first, then rip them into iTunes with either WAV or Apple Lossless selected as your importing format. FLAC is the most popular lossless format for torrents from what I understand.

axlgod

axlgod wrote:

thanks.
i'm going to have cd as the first album i have in lossless on my ipod. - if the day ever comes. (*gets on knees, looks to the sky & screams, please mexicans, please *)

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
axlgod wrote:

thanks.
i'm going to have cd as the first album i have in lossless on my ipod. - if the day ever comes. (*gets on knees, looks to the sky & screams, please mexicans, please *)

They won't leak it in lossless. But once you're able to purchase it, you will have the songs on the CD itself in uncompressed WAV quality. Apple Lossless is a good format. It will save you quite a bit of space compared to ripping the songs in the WAV format, but you lose none of the quality.

axlgod

axlgod wrote:

ok.
cheers for the advice.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I plan to rip it in Apple Lossless as well

Im concerned about the copy protection that will no doubt be on it

I have a Mac - whats the trick in terms of getting round it?

I'll buy it in itunes as well (if absolutley necessary) but would rather not have to fork out twice especially given the quality of itunes purchases

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I plan to rip it in Apple Lossless as well

Im concerned about the copy protection that will no doubt be on it

I have a Mac - whats the trick in terms of getting round it?

I'll buy it in itunes as well (if absolutley necessary) but would rather not have to fork out twice especially given the quality of itunes purchases

I'm on a Mac as well. You know, I would not be surprised if the copy protection won't even work on a Mac due to the fact that it would probably involve a Windows-based program automatically running from the CD. LOL.

I don't even know if they can get away with that though after the rootkit fiasco from several years ago with Sony BMG. I think there is probably copy protection on the versions sent out to professional reviewers but the retail version will likely be just the same as pretty much every other CD out there.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

tejastech08 wrote:

They're saying over at MSL's site that it's supposed to leak in 4 hours.

I love the way you say it will leak in 4 hours and then just as im reading that it says posted "4 hours ago".

Seriously why would someone put a timeline on this; if they have it and want to leak it, they'd do it now - unless maybe they want to increase the suspense i don't know

Board footer