You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: OFFICIAL 1st week chart positions for "CHINESE DEMOCRACY"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:
Neemo wrote:

pretty good for one week IMO...it kinda came out of the blue with little to no promotion

we've already seen promo in Canada so i can only assume US promo will begin shortly and as we wind down to the release

the movement of this single over the next couple weeks is important..thanks for posting burning!

I totally agree. The song just kind of appeared and radio stations just started playing it. There has been no promo for the single nor the album for that matter. I would say for the first week the single did very well, and as most people have also said so far the song grows on you; you may not like the song very much the first time, but by the third time you think of the song in a whole new way and appreciate it a bit more. Thus by that thinking, who knows maybe this next week the song will grow up the charts a bit.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

It's been moved on to the B-list at radio 1 (it was previously on the C-list).  Metallica and AC/DC aren't on the list at all.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

The station that I work with, WBSX in Wilkes-Barre has been playing it constantly since it first came out, and they've been getting TONS of requests for it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

93x in minneapolis has been playing it a lot

i listen to the station 15 minutes a day in the morning when i drive to work
it has been on every morning since it came out 

i also checked in on the station in the afternoon 2 or 3 times during the week from the computer

it was played then as well

so basically it's on every time i turn the station on
obviously, if i listened more often i would hear other bands but you get the point

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i don't know neemo
my impression is cd sold more presales than anyother cd sold physically/presales

if that is true it is then to answer your question: you need more presales than anyone else sells physical copies and presales together.

i think a better reason for why it could be decieving is that cd is a best buy exclusive where as other artists sales are spread out among other stores.

regardless, the cd is selling well before it is released and most people are not gonna buy it until it comes out so that is a positive sign.

again i dunno what #1 best buy seller means...here are the top ten online best buy album....not too impressive by any means...hell the Josh Groben Xmas album is in there for fuck sakes 16

1. Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses
2. As I Am - Alicia Keys
3. Indestructible - Disturbed
4. Viva La Vida or Death and... - Coldplay
5. Noel - Josh Groban
6 Growing Pains - Mary J. Blige
7. Infinity on High - Fall Out Boy
8. Carnival Ride - Carrie Underwood
9. Just Like You - Keyshia Cole   
10. A Little Bit Longer - Jonas Brothers

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
Neemo wrote:

pretty good for one week IMO...it kinda came out of the blue with little to no promotion

we've already seen promo in Canada so i can only assume US promo will begin shortly and as we wind down to the release

the movement of this single over the next couple weeks is important..thanks for posting burning!

No prob. It's kind of my job, working in radio and all.. 16

since you know then...is this a decent first showing for a single? like how does it rate along side other big name acts?

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
Neemo wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
Neemo wrote:

No prob. It's kind of my job, working in radio and all.. 16

since you know then...is this a decent first showing for a single? like how does it rate along side other big name acts?

Well, being that I work at the country station in the same building (our studio is next door to their's), I don't hear all that much "new rock", and what little I have, I don't care for. AT ALL.

I talked to the PD about it the other day, and he likes it. He basically said that it was a good choice for a first single and a good choice for the format. He can see it doing pretty good. Most of the jocks on there at least agree that it's a decent song - not their favorite by any means, but it was the best choice for the active/modern rock format.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Pretty good debut. I think it will chat better after this week since I have heard it more this past week.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it drops in Week 2. Week 1 was skewed because of the massive Day 1 plays. If you look at those lists, some of those songs take weeks, if not months to break into the top 10. CD jumped up quickly, but I'd guess it falls next week and makes a more traditional climb to the top 10.

CD is also on the "alternative" chart, by the way, and it's interesting to see the audience numbers, in the final column. CD's is huge, meaning the big markets are playing it, I guess.

Board footer