You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Great GNR Message Forum Sell out

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

we've been in a couple cross forum fued's during our time...never again. everyone has better things to do with their time rather than deal with that kinda shit

Exactly.

Unfortunately Olorin, not all forums, and not all moderators/admin's are created equal. I wish that were true, because we'd understand what we're dealing with.

I generalize, because of experience. I've exchaged PM's with "people" over at MyGNR. They absolutely HATE HTGTH. HATE THEM. On the fuckin' internet. Can you imagine that? Hatred for some fuckin' guy at a message board, simply because he gets e-mails from Axl's housekeeper. Wow, let me HATE the guy.

It's all so unneccessary. I wish it were as simple as "we're just here for the music". At this place - I believe that. But i've seen boards come and go MANY times before, founded on that same logic... they all fell into the same trap. I'd hope GN'R Evo doesn't go that route, but i've seen good boards go downhill before with the same philosophy.

All it takes is one bad seed on the mod team. They stir shit, talk shit behind other people's back, literally fight and backstab (for global mod status - wtf) and it amazes me to this day. What kind of losers do that? Those people make the 40 year old virgin look like W. Axl Rose.

For years - i've never laid this at GNR's doorstep, and I never will. Not with Beta, not with Del (both of which, from people I trust, have said are good people) or with Axl himself. They're not involved. They've just got an album to sell, and want to control the information that gets released. THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE. NOT A THING WRONG WITH IT. BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.

But 99.99999999999999999999999% of the bullshit that goes on with these boards are cooked up by the staff the run them. They're all little legends in their own mind, and honest to God, I think had Axl avoided EVER mentioning Jarmo's name, we'd never had this problem.

It created an entire generation of losers who initially are cocksuckers on the internet in the name of GN'R, just for the hope that they get their fuckin' loser ass name on Shotgun Blues II.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I undertand what your saying about the reckless hate. I watched the outrageous mauling of fernando on mygnr a few months back. Honestly, that was one of the worst things I have seen on a GN'R board. Perhaps, on the flipside (is it?) but when merck became taboo on HTGTH, that was something that I really disagreed with and that also stands out as a low point on the boards.
But I was lurking on mygnr watching that fernando thread as well as being logged into the CD.com chat room. In the CD Chatroom some people were going nuts about fernando saying he was at mygnr ripping gnr fans apart, when he wasnt. He called one fan an idiot from what I remember, and from what was thrown at him, it was a fairly subdued reaction from him.
I pointed this out and nobody disagreed, they went on to complain about how unfair it was that he had heard the new music when all he was was just the son of the housekeeper! The jealousy really took me by suprise, I never really seen fernando as someone who was bigheaded or rude, who might deserve it. He seems quite decent, if a little rash. He called mysteron out in a way that was pretty hotheaded, but then publically apologised. I seen fernando popping up at that point as a red herring, because when news of the CD single hit, a couple of days after denying the press release story - he was there promptly saying "I told you Axl wasnt preparing a press release! smile )

Anyway if people are spreading the seeds of discontent behind the scenes, it wouldnt be the first time I have been informed that I'm fraternising with the enemy.
I dont really take into consideration peoples hidden agendas. Its happened in working life and personal life, I always try to take people at face value and if they not genuine, I'm usually the last to find that out.

Hurts like a bitch when you find out you were wrong about people.

Its all so much more complicated than it should be, thats why I'm hoping when the new album hits most of the negativity is diluted amongst all of the positive vibes that this release should bring.
If this album wasnt dangled like a diamond carrot for so many years and GNR had just disbanded in 95, GNR fan sites would be so much less cynical and disjointed as they are today.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i had a bit or a row with Beta a couple years ago 16 that was .... interesting to put it mildly

honest low point for me on gnr message forums? in all truth the scott weiland bash fest and the subsequent VR hatred @ htgth....but it all started with the feb 06 leaks and the weiland thread....that was terrible sad

the rumors of Jarmo and his involvement and connection to gnr are a bit blown outta proportion in my estimation but that is neither here nor there and people will believe what they wanna beleive...I actually like Jarmo i met him in toronto and he's a cool guy and we PM each other at HTGH from time to time...and we have our little debate from time to time to keep it fun big_smile

James and I were born from the ashes of HTGTH and what we set out to accomplish with Brody was to create an environment that brought all the best qualities that we liked on a gnr message board, and we hand picked a team that we felt complimented as many angles as possible. when the RoV circle emploded we were extremely lucky to have downliner offer some web space and we managed to pick up where we left off. I cant speak for James but i must say i'm happy that so many people are coming here and are appreciating what we are trying to bring to the gnr online community. ultimately you posters are what makes the forum live on and this place is as much yours as it is ours, if there is something you dont like...tell us and we will take everything into consideration to make it the best place for everyone.

as for contacts within the band and waiting for scraps from the gnr table...nah i dont think so, we take the original gnr/axl type approach to authority..."i see you standin there...you think your so cool...why dont you just......FUCKOFF"

we march to the beat of our own drum....i wont deny that i've talked to beta in pms, i've talked to axl lawyer in emails, i shoot pms back and forth with bumble once in a while..we are not here to sabotage GnR we are all fans otherewise we wouldnt spend so much damn time online, but like you guys i wanna know everything i can about gnr, and i wont stop anyone from "Speculating" or "Listening" or "Discussing" things ... why would I? you guys rely on the gnrevolution team to moderate as little as possible...and thanks to our great membership we have to do very little moderating.

again kudos to you all, you all fuckin rock and i cant fucking believe that CD will be out in less than a fucking month..thats fucking nuts! 9 lets make the most of it

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I was involved in a HTGTH spat.  I was verbally attacked for no reason, other than the fact that something I said was misinterpreted (which would be nearly impossible to misinterpret).  It was pathetic, and Jarmo knew it, but had to defend.  I just quit, and have not been back since.  What's funny, is I had some good friends there and even fed a few of the insiders some good dope about the industry, etc. and gave them a few contacts.  Sucked pretty bad.  So, with that said, I love the open forum, although at times, I feel a few of the folks go way overboard with their negativity--which is as far from reality imho, as the crusaders joy is. 

For instance, the first post in this thread.  I listen to K-Rock almost exclusively, and know a few folks who work there.  To say that all 20 callers thrashed the song on the first day it was played is an absolute lie.  It was at a minimum 60-40 in favor.  Here is the poll online at their website:

http://923krock.com/pages/3182599.php?

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

i agree, nice thread. the only gnr forum i now visit is this one, because ALL views are welcome here (as long as you dont go kill each other, hehe). the others have gone way foxnews on everyone, its like a very bad vibe hanging everywhere, like a police state....everyone trying to get someone else banned for spelling something wrong or wadafok.

suddenly everyone who listens to a leak is a terrorist and you get banned...if you say bumble sucks, you are a child molestor and you get banned.... but this doesnt mean the admins of htgth or mygnr are actually getting stuff from the gnr camp. in fact they are just being played at best, if anything.
in fact, they are probably being looked down upon more for being so sheepish and brown-nosy... and they are being used.

so keep it up, this place is what the gnr community needs at the moment.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys need to stop picking on Fox News. NBC/MSNBC haven't ever told a bad story about a Democrat in their entire life.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

foxnews, msnbc...same coin yeah.

we need more smilies 20

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I was involved in a HTGTH spat.  I was verbally attacked for no reason, other than the fact that something I said was misinterpreted (which would be nearly impossible to misinterpret).  It was pathetic, and Jarmo knew it, but had to defend.  I just quit, and have not been back since.  What's funny, is I had some good friends there and even fed a few of the insiders some good dope about the industry, etc. and gave them a few contacts.  Sucked pretty bad.  So, with that said, I love the open forum, although at times, I feel a few of the folks go way overboard with their negativity--which is as far from reality imho, as the crusaders joy is. 

For instance, the first post in this thread.  I listen to K-Rock almost exclusively, and know a few folks who work there.  To say that all 20 callers thrashed the song on the first day it was played is an absolute lie.  It was at a minimum 60-40 in favor.  Here is the poll online at their website:

Read again Bright Eyes, I said every person I HEARD trashed it. I didn't hear one positive thing in about the first 20 calls or so.

Now, once I turned off the radio, maybe the good ones rolled in, but yeah, u say 60-40, but goin by the bias GNR sites, u would think it was 95-5.

I think a lot of people commenting in this thread don't understand or were never apart of the forums for the last half decade or so.

Things aren't like they were which is the problem. If sites were always a certain way, that would be fine and good, but the fact they changed for whatever reasons for me is bullshit.

To be called a troll because you say Slash has just as much right to play GNR songs as Axl is retarded.

I never had a problem with the new band. Like James, I thought the RIR lineup was amazing. Replace Huge with Fortus, and it was an amazing band. I thought they were fabulous on the 2002 tour and Axl was probably the weak link truth be told.

What really started pissing me off, was when Ass Kissing fans, to try and buddy up to the admins and mods, started desecrating the old band and denying them their due.

I heard one dipshit say that Axl even hummed Slash's solos to him or something moronic like that.

All this "Axl is GNR" shit drives me crazy and when people say "Finck" is better than Slash

I mean its hard for me to not get offended and defensive when people say shit like this cause its utterly ridiculous.

That isn't opinion either.....

If we are talking basketball and some dude says Kobe Bryant is better than Micheal Jordan
I can give u PROOF as to why that isn't so.

Same with this.

U list Slash's accomplishments and all time great honors etc to Finck's and it is no comparison.

so that pissed me off big time cause I love the old and the new but you aren't going to shit on the old band and not have me jump all over it.

I basically feel Message forum admins have grown greedy cause they think they have some prize waiting for them if they kiss ass and sell out.

They think they are going around the world, partying backstage, getting some E Fame or whatever and its pathetic to me.

If I were PM'ed tomorrow and told "Dude, if u stop posting negative stuff and do nothing but be supportive, u will get front row seats and backstage passes" Id say HELL NO!

WE got a great argument going right now.

Seems somehow, Slash no longer owns the music he wrote in GNR cause it's GNR music.................. or some crazy shit like that.

My thread isn't even all about talkin about leaks, it is how we are no longer treated with respect.  People forget that WE built these communities. Admins, we appreciate for having the space, but without the posters, all you got are empty forums.

Whats more sickening are the little bucket boy ass kissers u can see trying to gain favor or some type of relationship by being yes men to admins?

I can understand Axl, I mean if Axl personally PM'ed me, I mean fuck! but why would u be an ass kisser and worship an Admin? Some people really think if they kiss enough ass, they are partying backstage....

Just funny shit.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

D-Machine, the MJ/Kobe analogy was not a very good one. The gap between Slash and Finck is huge whereas Kobe is a definite Hall of Fame player. MJ is the best ever but Kobe might challenge that by the time he's done playing (and I hate Kobe...I think he's a MJ copycat, including his voice LOL). Anyway, I would say the analogy you need for Slash/Finck is something like MJ compared to someone who gets the job done but isn't a superstar. Slash, MJ, and Kobe are superstars. Finck never was and never will be a superstar.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Also, u do realize GNR message forum people probably voted 500,000 times right?

I mean, u do realize people can vote however many times they want and GNR have street team people from all message forums who skewer the vote by voting hundreds of times..............

I wish people wouldnt do that so we could get the true reaction.

Board footer