You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Great GNR Message Forum Sell out

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

D-Machine, the MJ/Kobe analogy was not a very good one. The gap between Slash and Finck is huge whereas Kobe is a definite Hall of Fame player. MJ is the best ever but Kobe might challenge that by the time he's done playing (and I hate Kobe...I think he's a MJ copycat, including his voice LOL). Anyway, I would say the analogy you need for Slash/Finck is something like MJ compared to someone who gets the job done but isn't a superstar. Slash, MJ, and Kobe are superstars. Finck never was and never will be a superstar.

how about rex grossman compared to peyton manning 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

D-Machine, the MJ/Kobe analogy was not a very good one. The gap between Slash and Finck is huge whereas Kobe is a definite Hall of Fame player. MJ is the best ever but Kobe might challenge that by the time he's done playing (and I hate Kobe...I think he's a MJ copycat, including his voice LOL). Anyway, I would say the analogy you need for Slash/Finck is something like MJ compared to someone who gets the job done but isn't a superstar. Slash, MJ, and Kobe are superstars. Finck never was and never will be a superstar.

how about rex grossman compared to peyton manning 16

That's a pretty good one! 22:haha:

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the inconsistency on GNR forums and in this thread in particular is hilarious. you guys get all up and tight and offended, overtly whining about all these guys insulting slash and bashing all these deluded axlites, and then turn around, and just as poorly, insult the new band.

some people on here (d-machine, buzz, tejanus) are so overly negative that they're as deluded and biased as the"OMG AXL IS GOD" crowd. two sides of the spectrum, both polarised opposites, but too many people act like axl worshipers are the sole problem. id much rather read "come on guys vote it up, this thing is gonna sell 5 million in its first week! hehe" than "look you fanboys, no one likes the single the only reason its getting play is because you fanboys skewed the results", however wrong either statement might be, i certainly know which one is more preferable to read.

i mean, i like guitar hero as much as the next man but fuck slash is a media whore and is as much to blame as axl in the whole fiasco, oh no am i troll now?!?!?

so many complaints about slash criticisms and all these terrible people bashing VR and poor scott weiland. yet you'll openly and stupidly say buckethead has no soul, bumblefoot and finck cant play, no one but us care about chinese democracy etc. wake the fuck up.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

the inconsistency on GNR forums and in this thread in particular is hilarious. you guys get all up and tight and offended, overtly whining about all these guys insulting slash and bashing all these deluded axlites, and then turn around, and just as poorly, insult the new band.

some people on here (d-machine, buzz, tejanus) are so overly negative that they're as deluded and biased as the"OMG AXL IS GOD" crowd. two sides of the spectrum, both polarised opposites, but too many people act like axl worshipers are the sole problem. id much rather read "come on guys vote it up, this thing is gonna sell 5 million in its first week! hehe" than "look you fanboys, no one likes the single the only reason its getting play is because you fanboys skewed the results", however wrong either statement might be, i certainly know which one is more preferable to read.

i mean, i like guitar hero as much as the next man but fuck slash is a media whore and is as much to blame as axl in the whole fiasco, oh no am i troll now?!?!?

so many complaints about slash criticisms and all these terrible people bashing VR and poor scott weiland. yet you'll openly and stupidly say buckethead has no soul, bumblefoot and finck cant play, no one but us care about chinese democracy etc. wake the fuck up.

You know, that post would have been pretty good without the insults.  Take out insults to members and the board as a whole and you raise some decent points at times. 

There are those who are negative, and those who are positive.  Who are we to say either one is right considering it is just opinion?  People at the far end of each side of the spectrum don't exactly always have strong fact to back up their claims. 

You bring up good points with people trashing VR and Scott, and then people trashing Buckethead, Bbf and Finck- the later mainly because they haven't heard their work, or in the case of Bh, there are many issues. 

In my book, each band deserves respect.  Without the old band, the new one would never have existed in the capacity that it has, so the old band is definently deserving of everyone's respect.  The new band has put out some very good music (especially when held up to the standard to today's music).  How does it compare to the old?  That's all opinion, and everyone has different views on this. 

Now if your post had been more like mine, maybe your karma would be at -17.  You can make points without having to insult members and the forum as a whole.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

Negative? I love the new band, asshole. Why don't you get a fucking clue instead of constantly starting shit around here with everyone? You're the one who insists on telling us that we can't have an opinion that isn't insanely positive about every single new song. As I said earlier in this thread, that kind of crap is fascism. Telling others what they are allowed to say and not say. Fuck you. I'll say whatever I damn well please. The new band is not perfect. The old band was not perfect. The new band has some really good music, but the problem and REALITY of the situation is that there's millions of people out there who are ready to hate them right from the get-go because Axl has acted like a prick over the years. Now, you can either accept this reality or you can continue living in your dream fantasy and telling the rest of us to "stop whining and suck Axl's dick." No thanks. I've accepted the reality of the situation. Perhaps one day you will too.

P.S: I think Scott Weiland is a piece of shit that can't hold Axl's jock. I love Axl's talent but he has proven to be a major asshole over the years. Same can be said of pretty much every major rock star. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin and they are notorious for being pricks over the years.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

Negative? I love the new band, asshole. Why don't you get a fucking clue instead of constantly starting shit around here with everyone? You're the one who insists on telling us that we can't have an opinion that isn't insanely positive about every single new song. As I said earlier in this thread, that kind of crap is fascism. Telling others what they are allowed to say and not say. Fuck you. I'll say whatever I damn well please. The new band is not perfect. The old band was not perfect. The new band has some really good music, but the problem and REALITY of the situation is that there's millions of people out there who are ready to hate them right from the get-go because Axl has acted like a prick over the years. Now, you can either accept this reality or you can continue living in your dream fantasy and telling the rest of us to "stop whining and suck Axl's dick." No thanks. I've accepted the reality of the situation. Perhaps one day you will too.

reading comprehension is difficult.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

reading comprehension is difficult.

My reading comprehension is just fine. You started off with a damn ad hominem attack on me ("tejanus") and tried to say that I'm overly negative. No, I'm not overly negative. Not by a long shot. You're overly disrespectful of people expressing their views on this website. I called you out on it a while back and ever since you've been launching personal attacks on me in every thread. You act like a fascist, you'll get called out for it. Period. People have a right to say whatever they want in this forum, one way or the other. I enjoy reading people's thoughts in both directions and I've got a realistic but overall positive view of the band/album. You telling other people not to express their thoughts on the situation is not what this forum is about.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i just dont see the need to bash VR....what does it accomplish? I respsect all these guys musically...but i'm not gonna get into that whole can of worms again its best left alone

as for testajech taking personal attacks too seriously...he shouldnt have to take them at all...and as for testa calling winkler an asshole back well please dont stoop to his level

the point from my side of the fence is that gnr evolution is supposed to be a place where we can post about our individual thoughts and feelings about gnr without personal prosecution...some of you still dont get that

one point it made (whether it be overtly negative or insanely positive) it doesnt matter where the point lies its that the members here should be able to debate the topics without shit slinging involved, ideally we'd like these topics to be discussed maturely...if that policy is too serious for some then find another forum..we did not set out to set upa a grade 3 school atmosphere online...this is a gnr message board where people are allowed to openly air all their opinions about the band in a mature way...

and thats the point D was getting to (i think) back in the day (3-4 years ago) you could go talk about anythign gnr online..now most places have segregated into little gangs who ridicule other gangs for i dunno what reason...we strive to be above that petty shit and bring back an "old school" feel to the gnr online community..love gnr for what they have been, will be and are currently

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

Are you still here?  A few more posts like this and you won't be.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

First time I watched foxnews I was pretty damn shocked about their coverage of news compared to my domestic media channels of all kinds. But that's how it is in the world now, the truth twisted into the unknown.

I run a board, another band, completely different thing. Very small stuff. I jumped in when the official one got closed and raised hell. The singer quit 6 months before that. And so we had a Axl vs Slash thing on our hands, only different names, different band and different situation.

I went with the singer. 3 years later I can say I did the absolute right decision. While still fan of his old band, it's not where my interest lies. A few month later and I had both singers on me, both old and new. One telling me "listen, this and this is a complete lie, please help me to try to get thru to the fans and tell them without me having anything to do with it officially".

The other one, the new one, asked me for chats and interviews trying to build a bridge between the alienated fans and themselves.

Listen, it's easy to go with it if Axl or whoever the fuck calls. I wouldn't say I like HTGTH and their censorship, but I won't be blaming Jarmo for agreeing to it. Look what he gets out of it. If you don't like it, you stay away. I mostly do.

I still run forum where everyone can say whatever the fuck they like, but I also run a board for the singer which I control. You can't have fucktarts around talking shit about everything and everyone. Not when you got managers, promotional people and interested listeners coming in to check what it's all about. When the first thing they meet is "this song is fucking crap" and a dozen others of those, it doesn't do good for anyone. There is a limit to everything. I haven't deleted one post yet though, all well inside the limits to what I allow.

Some people won't be positive even if Axl came to their house and did a private show. It's how it is. And the amount of people being simply crazy annoying fucks with a brain IQ of 50 are everywhere. And they speak their minds too. A lot. Some people are so fucking crazy they're ready to do anything just because views are shared, opinions divided and rumours fly around. I've had lead guitar players send messages to the forum thru their "spokesperson" telling us to "shut the fuck up and pay respect" when we discuss his drug abuse while 4 months later he openly speaks about it in a book and it's all over the media.

There's so much shit going around you wouldn't know. So much fucking lobbying, people being shit scared of their image and afraid of the truth getting out. So many lies that can hurt you and your band and even your family.

All I'm saying, I don't like the extreme censorship of HTGTH. He's mixing the cards. It's not official, it's a fan board. You can't play both sides of the game. I've tried.

Board footer