You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Best 'Mainstream Rock' Debut

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

and the same goes for U2 and any other iconic act... Fact is that it is doing well. Better than You Could Be Mine did...last I checked, that was a pretty highly anticipated single with a ton of label support. Right? You also failed to quote my post about PAYOLA and the Azoff/Iovine combo....I do realize that any Gnr single at this point is going to get radio time. The machine will make it happen. Nothing counts on this record until it goes on sale. Buzzy and Bono sittin' in a tree.....I almost think you are the same person.

Chinese Democracy's airplay at this point in time really has nothing to do with the quality of the track though. Good or bad. It's being played alot based on the curiosity factor and the hype. We all knew anything new was gonna get heavy rotation right off the bat. It's whether or not this will still be heard regularly 4 to 6 to 12 months from now.  Say what you will about U2 but their last two lead singles(Beautiful Day and Vertigo) off the last two albums are still in regular rotation so yeah U2 gets pushed based off reputation but their singles have staying power on mainstreme radio. Iconic bands don't have their stuff cotinually played regardless of the quality of music.

As for CD charting better than YCBM, well YCBM was hyped alot but look at the mainstreme rock at the time.  U2, Metallica, Pearl Jam and Nirvan were just coming out. It was justa  different time. Had YCBM been released today instead of CD YCBM would be much more successful. It's a weaker era in mainstreme music and YCBM has a much wider appeal.  So it's not like people are saying tehy like CD better then YCBM.

What's funny is you mock Buzzsaw and me for sharing a simliar opinion that conflicts with yours. Nice work.  I suppose if I agreed with your opinion on this it'd be you and me sittin in a tree? Or would we be the same person? Not likely. I'd probably just be seeing things in proper perspective right? roll

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm not tying to discount the success this song is having but let's wait and see how the next single does and how the album actually sells  and how long it sells for. This instant success though really cool doesn't mean much if the songs and album dont' sustain themselves over the next 6 months.  That's all I'm saying. We all knew this thing would fire outta the gates. It does have a certain band name attatched to it so........

Axlin08 wrote:

Now we're seeing how people are really feelings about this song. And it's positive. That's great.

I guarantee you when those ballads get out there in mainstream consumptions, those beautiful ladies out there all get ahold of them, it's gonna be even bigger.

See this has got to be the weirdest thing I've heard cause I'm not shitting you guys, other than the first day when a  few freinds texted me to say they liked it I havent' heard anyone else since say they like it. It'd be cool to hear what you guys are hearing. I'm just not.

daviebuckethead
 Rep: 1 

^^^
what i would say is that if robbie williams released street of dreams (god forbid) as a cover with less Rock, it would sell insaneley well and be judged as a return to form for him.

sorry for using him as an example, i couldn't think of anyone else

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
daviebuckethead wrote:

^^^
what i would say is that if robbie williams released street of dreams (god forbid) as a cover with less Rock, it would sell insaneley well and be judged as a return to form for him.

sorry for using him as an example, i couldn't think of anyone else

In time... we'll be dancing in the streets all night...

Can't wait to see how the song continutes to chart and to see how the albums sales are. Of course - I'm just happy I'm getting it!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer