You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: My guitar complaint *spoilers included*

-D- wrote:
Aussie wrote:

^ I'm with you Monkeychow, I'm itching to hear these tunes and throw my 2cents in, but I'm waiting. 17

I'm really curious to hear This I Love in particular and to see how the solo stacks up compared to what others say it needs - i.e. a Slashesque type solo.  Also given the fact this is probably one of the oldest songs and bridges the gap between the old and new band both having worked on it.

Oh well not too many more sleeps to go (I hope I don't die in the meantime).

U are probably going to be disappointed. I am

I love "this I Love' till the guitar solo and it sucks.

This song is so fucking beautiful and amazing, one of my fave GNR songs EVER

It reminds me of a NR type demo with just Axl and a Piano.  The guitar solo is dreadful.

Its dreadful only because of the epic level of this song. Its probably the most heartfelt and emotional I've ever heard Axl sing and the solo just doesn't come close to matching Axl's voice.

Once again for the bashers, Im not saying the new band sucks other than Fincks lead guitar abilities.

The songs are incredible, lyrically,vocally,melodically and bucket's solos are well done

Axl's vocals,lyrics,melodies are better than 95 percent of original GNR stuff.

However, the guitar is really lacking on these songs.

This I love was my masterpiece, my Estranged for the 21st century and it is with Axl's parts but that solo...................................... very disappointing.

This I Love seems incomplete. Like Estranged if it didn't have the guitar melodies and the 2nd part.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

This I Love seems incomplete. Like Estranged if it didn't have the guitar melodies and the 2nd part.

Ironic. A 15 year old tune sounding incomplete. Axl truly can't do anything as it's supposed to. Always out there, challenging the norm.

Well...there are 13 other solos, so what the heck.

-D-

-D- wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Ironic. A 15 year old tune sounding incomplete. Axl truly can't do anything as it's supposed to. Always out there, challenging the norm.

Well...there are 13 other solos, so what the heck.

Yeah but This I Love is MY song. Ive wanted tohear this for 15 years and it is one of the best GNR songs ever

Seriously

that isn't hyperbole, that isn't being a prisoner of the moment. I honestly think its the best ballad on the album and vocally it pisses all over anything Axl has done.

The guitar solo though??????????????????

Horrible

one of the worst solos I have ever heard in my life and it truly fucks up an all time classic.

U look at November Rain which this song COULDVE surpassed with the proper guitar

without the guitar solos, that song wouldn't be half as good as it is.

This I Love screams......... absolutely screams for guitar melodies and a heartcrushing solo.

I get to the climax, the solo comes in and I yell the word "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK' at that part cause this song deserves an amazing solo.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I know what you're feeling. I'm just attempting to comfort myself.

It is a tragedy.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Axl being the "perfectionist" and taking 13 years and allowing this to be the final solo on his baby? his song for Stephanie?

It just doesn't make sense. Id rather there not even be a guitar solo than that travesty.

Just keep it Piano and Axl, no solo at all.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Just wondering but does anyone think any of these songs are worth 1 mil? That's about how much were spent on them...

-D-

-D- wrote:

CD is great.

If you think of these songs collectively and think of listening them all for the first time n the correct sequence instead of the bits and pieces and shit demos we've had over the years, it ranks right up there for me.

It is different though. Ucan't compare it to AFD cause stylstically there is nothing similiar at all to it.

I always looked at Appetite as being a "Band" thing and UYI's on were more Axl's vision with the piano's more ballads etc.

This is the vision I say axl has had since the beginning and it is magnificent for the most part.
I just get bummed at the guitar solos at times and lack of really outstanding riffs.

The songs though as a whole are great.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No song is worth one million, and no album is "worth the wait". A true artistic vision cant be bought or perpetually delayed. While this is a great record, Santogold released an album this year that shits all over Chinese Democracy and it only took her a few weeks to record it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

completely differently genre of music that requires far less, musically speaking, from far fewer musicians

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

completely differently genre of music that requires far less, musically speaking, from far fewer musicians

Far less? Sounds like you haven't listened to the record. Just because it doesn't have shredding guitar and an orchestra doesn't make it "far less".

Board footer