You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: My guitar complaint *spoilers included*

DCK wrote:

If we had heard the Finck solo first and then the May solo we would have the same bitching. Just the other way around. It gets old.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finck is an average contributor at this point.

Not counting a reunion, I think it's important for GNR's future to make sure they have Axl, Bucket, Ron, Paul (in studio at least), Brain, Dizzy & Chris going into the future. Even Tommy didn't make near the splash I thought he would. And Chris recorded a sub-bass on all the tracks anyways. So Chris himself could play bass if need be, and has - once.

At this point i'm convinced Robin, Richard & Tommy are all replaceable... and ironically... guess which ones are 'gone' right now? 22

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not counting a reunion, I think it's important for GNR's future to make sure they have Axl, Bucket, Ron, Paul (in studio at least), Brain, Dizzy & Chris going into the future. Even Tommy didn't make near the splash I thought he would. And Chris recorded a sub-bass on all the tracks anyways. So Chris himself could play bass if need be, and has - once.

At this point i'm convinced Robin, Richard & Tommy are all replaceable... and ironically... guess which ones are 'gone' right now? 22

besides axl and dizzy, tommy is the only constant in this band. contributions on the album or not. i think he earned his right to be in this band more then everybody else. the bass player is the only position that hasn't changed since duff left. do we need yet another person to fill bass duties?

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Tommy is not "gone" anywhere as just last week Paul Westerberg said the Replacements aren't ready to get back together. He also said Tommy has his hands in too many pies. The main pie is Gnr my friend. Tommy plays on all the tracks but one and is a cowriter of two of the best songs on the album-Street of Dreams and Riad. I am sick of the "Tommy" discussion as he has been in the band for a solid 10 years....NEVER waivering. You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about sometimes. 17:headbang::headbang:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd hope not. I'd like to see this band find a lineup (with Bucket) and keep it. With album info coming i'd like to see the 2001 lineup, just with Ron instead of Robin, preferrably.

I'm just saying, because GN'R has a history of having a revolving door of musicians, at this point the Robin, Richard & Tommy nutswingers need to shut the fuck up. Not that they didn't contribute to the album, but I can remember reading articles and posts for years of "watch out, Robin is going to have a huge hand in this, mark my words", "Richard is GNR's secret weapon. Just wait for the album", "Tommy is going to have 50/50 writing credits with Axl. Wait n' see."

Nope, didn't happen. Not one bit. Ron fuckin' "Bumblefoot" Thal, who joined in 2006, had more of a hand than Richard.

I'd like to see Tommy stay, but i'm just saying if he parts ways with GN'R, I don't think anybody should be putting the gun to their head and proclaiming "GN'R over".

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'd like to see Tommy stay, but i'm just saying if he parts ways with GN'R, I don't think anybody should be putting the gun to their head and proclaiming "GN'R over".

no one will say gnr is over if tommy leaves. gnr will be over if axl says it is. other then that, no one is irreplaceable. there's always people to fill in the shoes of others left, whether the said people do it great or they suck is a totally other discussion 16

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Axlin08 wrote:

Ron fuckin' "Bumblefoot" Thal, who joined in 2006, had more of a hand than Richard.

a hand in playing ridiculous boring random solos, yeah bucket

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

roll

jimb0
 Rep: 1 

jimb0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Why Fortus on lead? What leads you to entertaining that idea? He's done nothing for GNR at this point. Wishing Paul Huge would be on lead would make more sense than Fortus fantasies.

Why Fortus? November Rain Solo by Finck versus November Rain Solo by Fortus.

Finck CHOPPY as hell!  I remember one excuse they had were tuning issues?  A real guitarist would know when he was in Tune.

Fortus is as smooth as a silk smoothie.  His outro on the Blues is awesome.  His licks are awesome.

Finck just leaves too much to be desired for real musicians.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think Fortus is a better lead player than Finck as well. Just talking technical guitar playing ability.:/

Board footer