You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: On the Eve of Democracy, Where's Axl?

Dadud wrote:

He's sitting at home, reading through reviews and chart standings for Chinese Democracy, nervous as hell. I can almost guarantee thats what hes spending some of his time doing.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would also be willing to suggest that he is not as rich as people think.  He has been funding the cost of CD himself for quite sometime - Sic you can probably tell us from exactly when.

Feb 2, 2004 - Xmas 2007.

Universal should be the ones funding the promotion, but if they're not... If Axl/Azoff are the ones shelling in the money instead, they'd be damn sure to get all the outside push available. Dr Pepper, Best Buy, Rock Band 2, Body of Lies.... If Uni is truly just saying 'Axl, put it out on your own and we'll call it even', then the promotion would be done with limited funding, and they'd wish to push for the last week or two before the release. They'd put out all the money available at the last opportunity, so that they could ram the album down everybody's throat.

Also, Azoff would keep their cheapest promotional tool (Axl himself) in the closet as long as possible, so that his exclusive appearances would coincide with CD's release, in order to make most of the would-be euphoria.

Sky Dog wrote:
Brett wrote:

I just thought of 10 things I could type in here, started on the first and cleared the reply box.

The answer to this is there are a million things Axl's crazy ass could be doing this for and few make a lick of sense. Bottom line is the ball is dropped again, as it always is. The only redeeming factor is if Axl himself is embarrassed of the Chinese Democracy process and just wants it off his head to go on and make a new record in a proper time frame.

To me, Axl's legacy dies more and more every day. He did great things in the rock world for 6 years... need a little more than that, though.

instead of typing 10 things, how about typing N0THING ever again....go away and listen to something else. 10

Sky Dog wrote:
sic. wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would also be willing to suggest that he is not as rich as people think.  He has been funding the cost of CD himself for quite sometime - Sic you can probably tell us from exactly when.

Feb 2, 2004 - Xmas 2007.

Universal should be the ones funding the promotion, but if they're not... If Axl/Azoff are the ones shelling in the money instead, they'd be damn sure to get all the outside push available. Dr Pepper, Best Buy, Rock Band 2, Body of Lies.... If Uni is truly just saying 'Axl, put it out on your own and we'll call it even', then the promotion would be done with limited funding, and they'd wish to push for the last week or two before the release. They'd put out all the money available at the last opportunity, so that they could ram the album down everybody's throat.

Also, Azoff would keep their cheapest promotional tool (Axl himself) in the closet as long as possible, so that his exclusive appearances would coincide with CD's release, in order to make most of the would-be euphoria.

Axl is loaded.....period....with or without Chinese Democracy. Trust me, those "negotiations" with Jimmy, Irving and Best Buy cleaned the slate.  9

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He's in my ass, that's where Axl is!!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

About reunion: Nope, not gonna happen.
About the band: Where are they? They've tried to tell us this is a real band, now is the fucking time to show it. Do interviews, show up and do the works. And Axl should react and do some high profiled interviews..NOW.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl is loaded.....period....with or without Chinese Democracy. Trust me, those "negotiations" with Jimmy, Irving and Best Buy cleaned the slate.  9

In that case, it could be Uni, not willing to invest as much to promotion. Eddie Trunk alluded to this some time ago, I think.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

May be he´s waiting for the big time, when everybody in the world knows about Chi Dem he could make a interview or something...there´re 2 weeks in november

DCK wrote:

About the band: Where are they? They've tried to tell us this is a real band, now is the fucking time to show it. Do interviews, show up and do the works. And Axl should react and do some high profiled interviews..NOW.

I assume the reason why the band "members" haven't talked about the album is because it's Axl's album or maybe he just told them to keep their mouths shut about everything related to GN'R since he thinks that he is GN'R.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Nope

Here is the real reason and I am going to sound like  a real hater but I don't give a shit at this point.

Axl is basically trying to "Fraud" the public into buying Chinese Democracy.

He isn't giving any interviews or doing any press because he doesn't want the general public to know that the old band isn't on this album.

he wants to sell it as "Guns N Roses"  If casual people find out it isn't really Guns N Roses, they may not be as apt to buy it.

Just like with all the tours and shit. It was never promoted as a new band, it was just Guns N Roses  with no pic or anything. Its why they still sell old GNR shit online.

He wants to fool people who don't know.

People on GNR forums are the most dilusional fans ever. They really believe that the world knows about this album and the new members etc but they dont. I had several people I am friends with that saw GNR in concert and were shocked to find no old band. They had no clue.

Board footer