You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Rolling Stone Review-Chinese Democracy

RussTCB wrote:

removed

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

great review.   i had a feeling that rolling stone would actually give the record a chance and not get sucked into all the negative hype.  kudos to them.  i cannot wait for this record to come out!

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

Excellent review! Thank you Rolling Stone for appreciating the music and not the BS hype that everyone seems to want to make of this album. Hands down, this is gonna be some great rock n' roll!

oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

Boy, am i relieved that Fricke reviewed that...Only person left at the magazine with any ounce of credibility, IMO.  I knew he wouldn't resort to the cheap heat by filling the review with "where's Slash?" and "Seventeen years for this?"  He's a better person than that, and this review shows it.  I hope Stephen Thomas Erlewine (SP?) does the review for AMG.

Sky Dog wrote:

Fricke has always been my favorite Rolling Stone writer.....I like how he ends it

To him, the long march to Chinese Democracy was not about paranoia and control. It was about saying "I won't" when everyone else insisted, "You must." You may debate whether any rock record is worth that extreme self-indulgence. Actually, the most rock & roll thing about Chinese Democracy is he doesn't care if you do.

Personally, I would give the record 4 out of 5 stars as well. Shackler's is really the only song I will probably skip over and it isn't too bad. I also don't like bits and pieces of other songs and have petty complaints. But, overall, the album is solid in my opinion.:rock:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Fricke's great - pretty obvious when it came down to assigning someone the review, IMO.

That's the kind of review CD needs all it can get; take the record for what it is, acknowledge the history but don't dwell on it.

Pretty fair and balanced, methinks. The fact that he's a good writer doesn't hurt.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am also sure he was chosen to get the first review for a reason....the machine is in motion. cool

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Irving wasn't born yesterday...

Having Fricke on your side may not carry all the weight it once did, but it'll help setting the bar in some circles.

--

Classic Rock can't talk about it until Saturday.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

brilliant article

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

great review.. i was half dreading the RS review... i thought there was a large chance they were gonna piss on the record....
what a relief...
thanks for posting, russ...

Board footer