You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

Axlin16 wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

Why are people speculating that Tommy is gone?  Just because of the rumors of Bucket returning combined with the knowledge that Tommy isn't too fond of Bucket? 

I can't imagine him leaving.  Axl has handed Tommy the world on a silver platter (Sopranos shout out).  Tommy was working at the phone company at the time that Axl called him.  He has given him the opportunity to earn a ton of money and opened doors that were shut and locked before.  I can't imagine Tommy jumping ship at this stage

Robin, I can understand, because he probably earns about the same touring with NIN as he does with GnR.  The main difference is the opportunity to contribute creatively in the studio.  But if the rumors of the next two albums being done, combined with the possibility of him getting pushed aside for Ron and Richard on any new recordings they do, maybe he decided it was time to move on.  I mean his writing contributions on CD ended up being pretty minimal so his creative input in Guns may have been overstated

Probably because people respect Saul and his board, and the statement was Axl, Richard, Brain, Pittman, Reed & Thal all like B. You do the math.

No Stinson mention. Do the math.

But like you said, it could just be Bucket is returning to the chagrin of Tommy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok...i SUCK at photoshop....but come on...some love for the dream!!

2j3lc95.jpg

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

do i think axl would show any loyalty to tommy if bucket came back?

no fucking chance, axl wouldn't stop tommy from walking, being loyal is one thing - having a fucking wizard on guitar that owns cd is another.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Having said that, I do think its a bit subpar compared to some of the work on those albums mentioned. Imagine a song like 'Earth Heals Herself' or 'Padmasana' after Axl has added something to it.

Often when I hear a kickass Bucket tune I can't help myself from imagining it on a big stage with Axl wailing. 50.000 jaws collectively dropping every 2 minutes.

I've said it before, Axl should go work for Bucket, not other way around. Put in Brain and Claypool and you'd have 3 new AFD's in a week.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

it's ALL i've been doin' for 3 days...
listening to solo bucket... imagining axl wailin' on top of it and DROOLING

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ok...i SUCK at photoshop....but come on...some love for the dream!!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2j3lc95.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

That's the GN'R I want to see! 9 11

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but who is Ben Shepard?  Googled him but nothing came up.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

gnfnraxl wrote:

He was the bassist for Soundgarden.I would say there is a better chance of Beta singing next tour than there is of him joining GNR.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

He was the bassist for Soundgarden.I would say there is a better chance of Beta singing next tour than there is of him joining GNR.

He would be a nice addtion indeed but likeyou said a highly unlikely one.  While were dreaming let's bring in Les Claypool.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer