You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

war wrote:

again, who knows
you don't know any more than i do

if gnr wants bucket back and vice versa i think they would get past who is on drums $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye, I dont think he would do it for the cash though, just for the pleasure of playing his songs - he will make enough money out of the album.

Frank seems like a great guy, I'm sure he'd make him feel like one of the boys if he did come back.

I would love to see the GN'R with Bucket and Brain though....:drool:

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Well my I.P is banned from HTGTH for deliberately winding up Jarmo. So i'd be really grateful if any tidbits about these upcoming surprises Saul mentioned were posted here.

I'm confused about The Blues solo. I mean the main solo in the middle of the song that Robin has always played live: that's Robin's solo, right? I've never heard it suggested otherwise. It sounds exactly like Robin and nothing like Bucket.

At this point, after spending several hours reading the depressing 'Does anyone care it's the end?' thread and Lofton's amazing chronological news archive, I've feeling really down about the complete whimper the album is being released to. Of all the things that have happened, I never thought this would be a scenario that could happen. Who would have guessed that with the album less than two weeks from a release that the status of the band and its future would be more uncertain than ever before? Makes me feel sick.

And the only thing that could make it go away in a second is 'Buckethead & Brain to re-join GN'R'.

I can't believe that it appears they HAD to tour in 2006 and 2007 to literally finance more recording and ensure the band could continue.

Something must be so wrong with the money, record company, management, Axl, band or all of the above for the situation to be like this.

Right now I want a 10,000 word explanation of everything from Axl more than I want the sodding album!

Sorry, just venting my frustration!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

That confused me as well, the booklet only says

Hidden Text:

"Guitar solos Robin Finck, Buckethead"

I always thought Robin played the lead during the bridge and Bucket the solo at the outro.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

If you dont get a statement from GN'R when their tour starts with a riot and ends prematurely a few weeks later in a riot, costing thousands of dollars in damages, with numerous injuries to fans, security, police and members of the public - I wouldnt really hold my breath for explanations regarding the band and its music.

JordanRose

JordanRose wrote:

LOL. Point taken Olorin. I guess I've just fooled myself that when it was finally ready to come out, everything would just go right, and in fairness, the 2006 and 2007 tours were fucking superb and relatively problem-less once they got going.

What's weird is that there seem to be two completely apposite versions of how GN'R world works according to different people. Both insiders like Zutaut and lucky, cheeky buggers like MSL attest to the insanty, chaos, misinformation, paranoia and all the rest of it that explains a lot. Others attest to how brilliantly organised the whole thing is, how awesome Axl is in every way and that it's just loads of shit that keeps getting in the way of everything.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think he, like Robin, did not like him and felt the band worked much better without him.

I always found that funny since the band couldn't do shit without him.

tylerdurden wrote:

and what of fortus...

Blah. Bring back Tobias. I'm sick of false idols. Bring on the real thing. Bring Fortus back for a third album/tour if he does more than strum a guitar buried in the mix.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

That may be so, but I know what he said. He spoke of Bucket and some guy asked something in the lines of "is the band ok?" and Tommy said "well now we are". I remember it clearly because I was quite surprised about his harsh words towards him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

That may be so, but I know what he said. He spoke of Bucket and some guy asked something in the lines of "is the band ok?" and Tommy said "well now we are". I remember it clearly because I was quite surprised about his harsh words towards him.

Oh I'm not questioning what was said. I know he said it, and he's made a few other not too kind remarks as well. Its why I think its funny.

Chinese Democracy is basically just a crow sandwich for these guys.

JordanRose

JordanRose wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone know who was in the A group and who was in the B group?

Board footer