You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Is there a song where Axl sings about Slash? Per Younggunner yes

tejastech08 wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sorry is definitely about Slash.

No one knows that for certain

The line "shut up and sing" seems like a pretty personal reference, like something one of the band members told him back in the day probably because of his rants. The "it's harder to live with the truth about you than the lies about me" seems like a direct shot at Slash and the other former band members.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The line "shut up and sing" seems like a pretty personal reference

Agreed, it's definitely something a bandmember said to him in the past.  I just hope he doesn't hold a grudge too long!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Judging by several factors it does seem to point that way though.

The manly, controlled and accusing melody. As opposed to the begging, melancholic and heart breaking feel of the love ballad.

The Slashesque solo.

The overall use of lyrics pertaining to a single person or conflict.

If he was directing it at a group of people, or a set of different people, representing his feelings, he would use lyrics with a more general theme. Bad Obsession and Right Next Door To Hell are good examples of this. Only natural, a person will always have a stronger emotional connection to a single person, affecting the songs you write about it.

There are lyrics that can be interpreted different ways, but I'd say all of them could be interpreted to be about Slash. That I think weighs heavily in his 'favor'.

Maybe Sorry is about Duff,Izzy or Matt or even Bucket,anyway,yeah I can see how people could think the song was about Slash tho.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

deadsouth wrote:

Half old band, half Stephanie.. Thats pretty much the lyrically themes of every song on the entire album.

cept for scraped... Axl must have been really high(happy) when he wrote that...

I assume Scraped is aimed at all those people who tried to stop him continuing with the band. He think it was Rock In Rio 2001 where he told of all the people who tried to stop the band continuing. Would include a lot of people who have sued him.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

There are parts of the song that could be about anyone but these few lines strongly suggest Slash:

"You sold your soul but I won't let you win"
"You talk too much"
"You tell them stories you'd rather believe, Use and confuse them, they're numb and naive"

However he does say: "Nobody cares about you" that doesn't sound like Slash but it could be just an insult not meant literally.

I think its about Slash but there is a lot of general stuff also.

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The line "shut up and sing" seems like a pretty personal reference, like something one of the band members told him back in the day probably because of his rants. The "it's harder to live with the truth about you than the lies about me" seems like a direct shot at Slash and the other former band members.

yep, I noticed the line "just shut up and sing" as well. And James, Sorry was written by Rose, Bucket, Mantia, and Scaturro so it can't be ten years old....only 6 or 7!!!:haha:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The line "shut up and sing" seems like a pretty personal reference

"Why doesn't he rant, why doesn't he say anything?" - Axl, Rock In Rio-Lisboa, 05/27/06

Sky Dog wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

There are parts of the song that could be about anyone but these few lines strongly suggest Slash:

"You talk too much"
"You tell them stories you'd rather believe, Use and confuse them, they're numb and naive"

However he does say: "Nobody cares about you" that doesn't sound like Slash but it could be just an insult not meant literally.

yep, "nobody cares about you" could be about a portion of the fanbase as well. "Nobody owes you, not one goddamn thing." et al

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

"You talk too much"

Those sound like pretty stupid lyrics.... They must sound better when I hear him sing them.....  I thought he would take the highroad, guess not.

Board footer