You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Is there a song where Axl sings about Slash? Per Younggunner yes

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would like to know more about this tune.  Lofton?  Neemo?  Monkeychow? BLS? 

Was it a situation where you think a bridge may be burned?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes, it's called Sorry.

Axl no doubt perceive the bridges to be burned. As for Slash I don't think it changes much in his opinion. He knows Axl carries these feelings around.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

slash also wrote songs about axl on 5 O'Clock...even admitted to it in his book...

it was a tough time for them both so its no shock, but yeah the general consensus that Sorry is about Slash

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Half old band, half Stephanie.. Thats pretty much the lyrically themes of every song on the entire album.

cept for scraped... Axl must have been really high(happy) when he wrote that...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sorry could be aimed at Slash, journalists or Guns N Roses fans. I think its all of them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i'm waiting till i hear the album and read the final lyrics for my take on what it all means. One thing in my personal interpretation of Axl's lyrics though is that they are usually directed at more than one topic at once. You know like often its about a break-up on the surface, but also deals with his perceptions of himself and others, expectations from himself and others and other related thoughts to any particular one issue. So i'd be surprised if any song was simply "hey slash go fuckyourself" kinda thing - without also having a deeper subtext as well...but at the same time it wouldnt surprise me if lines from the lyrics touched on his relationships with the old band at various stages.

You know like even something like "Get in the Ring" had some interesting socilogical kind lyrics in addition to the anti-media insults.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't see why Sorry would kill any potential future relationship between the two. The song was probably written 10 years ago.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah man.. Sorry seems like it could be about Slash. It would make sense. There are certain parts in the lyrics where it wouldn't make sense if it were about Slash. But this is Axl so it could be about a few people.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry is definitely about Slash. I think Street of Dreams is the one about Stephanie. Shackler's is about the fans. Madagascar is about it all. And This I Love is another unrequited love song.

Axlin08 wrote:

Sorry is definitely about Slash.

No one knows that for certain

Board footer