You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Is there a song where Axl sings about Slash? Per Younggunner yes

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i'll wait till i hear the song I think.

Sometimes I wonder if axl sings things at himself at times too. Like he isn't always singing about others IMHO...i feel like sometimes he addresses himself like a 3rd person...but that's just my opinion.

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

There are parts of the song that could be about anyone but these few lines strongly suggest Slash:

"You sold your soul but I won't let you win"
"You talk too much"
"You tell them stories you'd rather believe, Use and confuse them, they're numb and naive"

However he does say: "Nobody cares about you" that doesn't sound like Slash but it could be just an insult not meant literally.

I think its about Slash but there is a lot of general stuff also.

Those sound like pretty stupid lyrics.... They must sound better when I hear him sing them.....  I thought he would take the highroad, guess not.

it is a GREAT song with a kickass blues Buckethead solo. You will LOVE it and the lyrics are killer.:buckethead:

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
sic. wrote:

"Why doesn't he rant, why doesn't he say anything?" - Axl, Rock In Rio-Lisboa, 05/27/06

hah, did he say that really?
bout himself?

in that weird, cartooney voice i bet....the one he uses when he wants to crack a joke or something...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

There are parts of the song that could be about anyone but these few lines strongly suggest Slash:

"You sold your soul but I won't let you win"
"You talk too much"
"You tell them stories you'd rather believe, Use and confuse them, they're numb and naive"

However he does say: "Nobody cares about you" that doesn't sound like Slash but it could be just an insult not meant literally.

I think its about Slash but there is a lot of general stuff also.

Those sound like pretty stupid lyrics.... They must sound better when I hear him sing them.....  I thought he would take the highroad, guess not.

it is a GREAT song with a kickass blues Buckethead solo. You will LOVE it and the lyrics are killer.:buckethead:

I cannot wait!  Throw me a bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let me hear it!

Sky Dog wrote:

look around, you will find it!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

yeah i'll wait till i hear the song I think.

Sometimes I wonder if axl sings things at himself at times too. Like he isn't always singing about others IMHO...i feel like sometimes he addresses himself like a 3rd person...but that's just my opinion.

Honestly, I do that myself when writing songs for my band. I write alot about myself and others around me. Alot about my life and what I've had to endure and go through for 15 years.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Considering how long he has had, I was expecting so much more from his lyrics. More along the lines of the complexity of much of the Illusion's lyrics.

I was expecting some songs to have lyrics to equal Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown - but a lot of this stuff seems much more basic, verses with obvious rhyming words, and also with a lot of repetition.

I think a lot of the lyrics for Sorry do the music a disservice. "Ill kick your ass like I said that I would" - that makes me cringe when I hear it.

Not as bad as "I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice" all the same. 14

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the lyrics fit the songs IMO
that's the ultimate goal and sometimes simple is better

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The song is awesome!  I loved the production except for the guitar.  I don't think the guitar cut through the way it should.  The solo is "good", and the wah helps add some emotion.  But the guitar doesn't rival the vocals and passion in Axl's voice.  The song already is one of my favorites I have heard, but if its about Slash, its Ironic, cause this song was made for an epic Slash solo.  No doubt.  Actually some of the lyrics are chilling and seem very, very personal.  I agree, Girlfriends, Media, Slash...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The song is awesome!

You're welcome. tongue

Board footer