You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Is there a song where Axl sings about Slash? Per Younggunner yes

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The song is awesome!

You're welcome. tongue

HA, I sent you a pm!  I love Axl's voice... a couple places he almost seems to be singing in his "smartass rant voice".  I am listeing again to see if I can hear Bach, cause I missed him the first go around.... 

Ugh, the fucking Solo.... Was just waiting for Slash.. I could scream... Not many can rival the emotive melodic solo like Slash, Bucket, just shred so I don't have to compare... hahahaha, its decent, but I could have pulled that off..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The song is awesome!

You're welcome. tongue

HA, I sent you a pm!  I love Axl's voice... a couple places he almost seems to be singing in his "smartass rant voice".  I am listeing again to see if I can hear Bach, cause I missed him the first go around.... 

Ugh, the fucking Solo.... Was just waiting for Slash.. I could scream... Not many can rival the emotive melodic solo like Slash, Bucket, just shred so I don't have to compare... hahahaha, its decent, but I could have pulled that off..

Can you play his solos on TWAT or I.R.S.? Cheers if you can! 9

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

"But I don't want to do it"  sounds like Ben Stiller from Dodge Ball... Oopps, I mean the movie where he is a male model.  HA

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You're welcome. tongue

Can you play his solos on TWAT or I.R.S.? Cheers if you can! 9

Hell No!  Ha... On Sorry, I could have come up with something that good is what I meant.  Seemed like he mailed that one in if you know what I mean.  Its a Good Solo, but not "epic" like NR etc...

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

The Bucket Man can do any type of solo

His solo in Sorry is pure Bucket, fits the song perfectly.  But it sounds like a David Gilmour solo.  His epic solo is on TWAT.  I wish he would've done This I Love because there he could've let it rip on a real soaring, epic level

This song really shows how Axl has evolved.  The lyrics are vindictive and bitter but in the UYI days he would've done it over a Perfect Crime or Don't Damn Me type of riff.  Here he sounds wicked but on a subdued musical track

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

The Bucket Man can do any type of solo

His solo in Sorry is pure Bucket, fits the song perfectly.  But it sounds like a David Gilmour solo.  His epic solo is on TWAT.  I wish he would've done This I Love because there he could've let it rip on a real soaring, epic level

This song really shows how Axl has evolved.  The lyrics are vindictive and bitter but in the UYI days he would've done it over a Perfect Crime or Don't Damn Me type of riff.  Here he sounds wicked but on a subdued musical track

And he would have dropped a bunch of F-bombs, etc.

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Considering how long he has had, I was expecting so much more from his lyrics. More along the lines of the complexity of much of the Illusion's lyrics.

I was expecting some songs to have lyrics to equal Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown - but a lot of this stuff seems much more basic, verses with obvious rhyming words, and also with a lot of repetition.

I think a lot of the lyrics for Sorry do the music a disservice. "Ill kick your ass like I said that I would" - that makes me cringe when I hear it.

Not as bad as "I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice" all the same. 14

I agree to an extent and don't like the "I'll kick your ass" line. However, that may be the only line on the album that makes me cringe....that happened every other song on UYI.

Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin, I don't know what you are smokin but the solo in Sorry is perfect. Simple, perfect tone and like someone said before, it is almost aping Slash. The song is obviously about Slash and Bucket just nails Slash....I call bullshit on anyone who says that is not a good solo. Seriously, come on....it doesn't matter what any of them do. If it isn't Slash, it isn't quite good enough. Now, on the flip side, wait till you hear This I Love......that one needed Slash.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

Smokin, I don't know what you are smokin but the solo in Sorry is perfect. Simple, perfect tone and like someone said before, it is almost aping Slash. The song is obviously about Slash and Bucket just nails Slash....I call bullshit on anyone who says that is not a good solo. Seriously, come on....it doesn't matter what any of them do. If it isn't Slash, it isn't quite good enough. Now, on the flip side, wait till you hear This I Love......that one needed Slash.

Madagas, it sounds like a typical imitation Slash solo I recreate in my bedroom all the time... Ha, seriously, put on You Got No Right, that is a better solo than this one.  That one seems more thought out, and builds to a climax.  This one is "good", but was probably created in one take.  Its a very elementry solo for a guy like bucket.  I love his shred solos.  I love his Twat solo.  I like this on.  I don't "dislike" this one, its just meh to me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just listend to the solo again.  Seems very scale oriented in the sense I almost know the very next note coming.  Predictable.  Especially the end of the solo, seems to just be hitting consecutive notes in a scale.  Not a bad thing at all.  Its a good solo.  I have been "too" tough on it.  Just maybe a little better vibrato and a couple big bends towards the end would have been really tasty.

Board footer