You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Did You Guys Think Of This Rant...?

James wrote:

Whats funny is he says he doesn't care, yet its all he talks about. His rants and statements over the years are his way of avoiding moving on. If he can talk about Slash, how fans and/or media treat him, he gets to stall when it comes to actually doing something on his own or with a new lineup.

He rants at shows and talks in interviews about things no one cares about. People go to hear the classics and what new material current GNR are doing. They don't give two shits about something Slash did 20 years ago. Only Axl and Beta care.

Timothy
 Rep: 2 

Timothy wrote:

I think it was a bit of a nutty rant. Axl seem like he wants to blame everybody else for his problems instead of manning up to them himself.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Why are you guys in italics?

James

James wrote:

The losers in that whole fiasco was the new lineup(at the time). He had such amazing talent onstage, yet all he had on his mind was Slash. Its shameful.

The CD era songs people enjoy were created by the 01-02 lineup. Major potential there, but they were forced into an obsession with something they had nothing to do with.

Buckethead does so many albums every year, I wish that within the next few years he would assemble the guys from the 01 lineup to do a side project, or at least do a few songs on one of his albums.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

lol, jk

Jameslofton wrote:

Whats funny is he says he doesn't care, yet its all he talks about. His rants and statements over the years are his way of avoiding moving on. If he can talk about Slash, how fans and/or media treat him, he gets to stall when it comes to actually doing something on his own or with a new lineup.

He rants at shows and talks in interviews about things no one cares about. People go to hear the classics and what new material current GNR are doing. They don't give two shits about something Slash did 20 years ago. Only Axl and Beta care.

Yeah but Slash wrote a book on what happened 20 years ago.   Granted he did put out 2 records with VR but seems Slash can't stop either.

I did like this rant, I actually enjoyed it when I watched it.   I think Axl was getting back at what they had to say about him on BTM, although he could have done the show and get his side across, he was getting back a little.  Bottom line is, Axl can't be lying about all of it and he most certainly can't be the only scapegoat,  god knows they all aren't saints and I am sure he wasn't the only one causing bullshit.

James

James wrote:

BTM came out two years after that rant. Also, Slash doesn't talk about Axl all the time. Slash concentrates on his music career.

To me, whether its a lie or truth is beside the point. The guy refuses to move on, and will do or say anything so he doesn't have to move on.

He has great material and since 2000 had a great band. His obsession with the past is way past the point of absurdity.

Jameslofton wrote:

BTM came out two years after that rant. Also, Slash doesn't talk about Axl all the time. Slash concentrates on his music career.

To me, whether its a lie or truth is beside the point. The guy refuses to move on, and will do or say anything so he doesn't have to move on.

He has great material and since 2000 had a great band. His obsession with the past is way past the point of absurdity.

HAHA damn that's right, what am I thinking..duhh.

Well he does have a ton of strikes against him because he hasn't moved on, that cannot be disputed.

AtariLegend wrote:

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'."

All the stuff about the music makes sense, Matt & Slash for example done various interviews throughout the year where they said they didn't like various songs.

The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther.

The MTV "Behind The Music" had many examples of what Axl presumably meant... Matt & the others just wanted to play guitars & drum ect... just continue, whereas Axl was the perfectionist or alot more ambitious he wanted orchestral arrangements ect... on stuff

I agree with Jessica, it's his point of view, he lived that, and almost all of it was said by the others too...

I don't think much of it is lies.

Board footer