You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: What Did You Guys Think Of This Rant...?

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My guess on it was that he might have been reacting to things said by the fans or in the press. I don't think he needs to be reacting to something Slash or VR said to have an opinion to share right?

I'm sure that he read on message boards what drove him insane enough to rant. But in the end of the rant, it turned out that Slash and Duff are the bad guys and can suck his dick. So Axl blamed the ex-members for forum people's opinion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Too much to quote

Whatever happened and whoever is responsible, the fact still remains that Axl is the one carrying the heat. You may say he brought it on himself, but we both know it's not that simple in reality.

I understand where he's coming from, that's all.

Well, public perception and his actions(or should I say inaction?) is why he carries the heat. Also, hyping something for so many years didn't do him any favors either. He has literally boxed himself in, and until he gets the CD monkey off his back, that box will get smaller and smaller.

I understand where he is coming from, I just think he should have approached it differently.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I understand where he is coming from, I just think he should have approached it differently.

Definitely. Such a shame really.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

As far as the whole Axl-Slash thing, I don't think a percentage can ever be put on either guy on how much they are to blame for the breakup.

According to Slash, it was all one guy... http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2s4B8t0h-k

oh god.. roll 

i hate how the media has him painted as the good guy in all this.   Just because Axl is silent and hasn't said much he's put in a position where he's made out to be a liar and an asshole by his critics in the media and even some of his own fans.   Axl has his side too all this.   All these guys have their sides and they are all going to be biased.

as to the rant, its one of the few times Axl has ever said anything publically about the old members.   I enjoyed it, and I wish he would talk more on his side of things.   maybe he doesn't want to tho.   I hope slash's book encourages him to tell his side in more detail.   Slash has said his share over the years and it looks like he's had plenty more to say in this book.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, if you're going to paint somebody as the bad guy, is it going to be the wifebeater that still hasn't grown up beyond biting security guards well into his forties and still blames everybody else for all his problems or the guy who is relatively soft spoken and almost always accepts at least some of the responsibility in what happened?

I like Slash as much as anybody and ultimately I blame Axl for the breakup.  That doesn't mean that other people didn't factor in, but ultimately it was Axl's band.  He owned the name and he controlled everything.  Slash being stubborn was certainly a factor, but I think Izzy leaving and not having anybody around to be the link between the band and Axl was a bigger factor.  It seems like it's always been the band vs Axl.  He did his own thing, he showed up when he felt like it, he sent band members messages through their management, etc.  That may have been because everybody in the band was fucked up all the time, but Axl wasn't a saint.  They made it because they hung out together and had a common goal - as soon as that changed, all the things that lead to the breakup kept snowballing and nobody was strong enough to stop it.

It obviously wasn't one person's fault, but if you have to blame one person, it will always come back to Axl and his actions since the breakup further cement that in people's minds.  It isn't coincidence that not only EVERY original band member left, but also several members of the post UYI lineups as well.  There is only one common link between all of them:  Axl Rose.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree completely with Buzz....Izzy leaving was the end. Axl's track record to this point, speaks for itself. It takes two to tango. But, if you want to be the leader, then you have to take responsibility for the organization-top to bottom.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

oh god.. roll 

i hate how the media has him painted as the good guy in all this.   Just because Axl is silent and hasn't said much he's put in a position where he's made out to be a liar and an asshole by his critics in the media and even some of his own fans. Axl has his side too all this. All these guys have their sides and they are all going to be biased.

as to the rant, its one of the few times Axl has ever said anything publically about the old members.   I enjoyed it, and I wish he would talk more on his side of things.   maybe he doesn't want to tho.   I hope slash's book encourages him to tell his side in more detail.   Slash has said his share over the years and it looks like he's had plenty more to say in this book.

Listen JB, you can roll your eyes however much you like, but no-one gagged Axl, no-one told him he couldn't tell his part of the story; the fact of the matter is that he doesn't want to talk about it except when he's controlling the environment. He talked to Loder (almost 10 years ago now?) in which he vaguely described some things. He talked to Trunk, who didn't have the balls to touch anything sensitive (or was instructed to avoid talking about). He faxed MTV and he issues some press releases. But that's it. It's not like interviewers don't want to talk to him, it's the other way around. And you're right, that's a shame. But it's his choice, and hence the resulting image of him in the press is his own doing, his responsibility.

My guess is he's not talking because he can't keep his story straight. If you piece together the small pieces of information Axl has dropped for us to drool over, you will notice basically nothing adds up. The puzzle doesn't fit. Sure, Slash has been known to twist the truth (or flat-out lie) once in a while, but it doesn't necessarily discredit the shitload of stuff he told us about that does add up; and the fact to bullshit ratio is waaay higher in Axl's case than in Slash's.

You act like it's all so far fetched and unreal what's being said here, but you seem to forget most of it is documented as fact.

TheMole wrote:

You act like it's all so far fetched and unreal what's being said here, but you seem to forget most of it is documented as fact.

none of it is far-fetched, none of it is fact.   we don't know, none of us were there.   we don't know the circumstances of any of these supposed events.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Axl has dropped for us to drool over, you will notice basically nothing adds up. The puzzle doesn't fit. Sure, Slash has been known to twist the truth (or flat-out lie) once in a while, but it doesn't necessarily discredit the shitload of stuff he told us about that does add up; and the fact to bullshit ratio is waaay higher in Axl's case than in Slash's.

Everything Axl said in this rant adds up, which is the topic. The other bands members practically admitted that they didn't like those songs and it was Axl who forced them to do alot of the UYI era stuff.

Axl hasn't exactly changed his story that much over the years...

(And encase the AFD thing is brought up, non of the leaks so far sound like something from AFD.)

Board footer