You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: What Did You Guys Think Of This Rant...?

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

You also can't say they didn't know who Axl was going into this with them.  He had many temper tantrums during AFD, example throwing the microphone at the tech guys if the sound wasn't right.  They knew he was a loose cannon so you can't be surprised at some of the antics that happened along the way.

Like Slash says in BTM, anything you've heard about Axl or whatever you think of him based on his behavior and actions is also the source of what drives him and the reason he's such a great frontman and songwriter. To be without the mood swings and tempers would be to be without the mesmerising performances and songs.

Ultimately this is what they are saying led to the demize of the band and how it's all Axl's fault.  That's my point, so if Slash admits this is what made Axl great then really how can he be at fault for the band's breakup.  Axl was being Axl and the Axl he's always been.

That doesn't mean it wasn't his fault.  It can be someone's fault for being themself.  Sometimes in life you decide to stick with someone or a relationship that you know isn't good for you because you don't know what else to do.  Eventually you figure out how bad it really is and you move on.  Nothing changed other than one person realized that whatever good came wasn't worth the bad that came with it.

Fault is really the wrong word - I think Axl is most responsible for it, but it isn't necessarily his fault.  Slash knew that if the band was going to be huge, they needed Axl, so they put up with a lot of shit that they didn't necessarily want to because they felt they had to including signing over the rights to the name.  Eventually they decided putting up with Axl wasn't worth it.  Axl didn't change, but it was his actions/decisions that are mainly responsible for what happened.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
TheMole wrote:

You act like it's all so far fetched and unreal what's being said here, but you seem to forget most of it is documented as fact.

none of it is far-fetched, none of it is fact.   we don't know, none of us were there.   we don't know the circumstances of any of these supposed events.

What are we supposed to believe then? When Axl says he had no interest in doing an AFD record, and then a year later says he did but Slash leaving prevented it, which do you choose to believe? He hated Snakepit and wanted no part of it, but then later says he did but Slash wouldn't allow it. Which Axl version do you believe? I think its funny that every time the guy contradicts himself its usually done for the purpose of getting a dig at Slash.

Axl should either do some in depth interview either on tv or request RS do a huge feature for their magazine like "Axl Rose: The WHOLE story". Then he can easily clear up what went down and all these discrepancies over the years.

As far as his comments about the old band being "forced" to do UYI. BULLSHIT. Izzy wrote half those albums, and I bought all the mags back then. All the members did nothing but rave on that material and say how mindblowing it was.

I highly doubt Izzy was forced to write half of a 2 cd set.

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Like Slash says in BTM, anything you've heard about Axl or whatever you think of him based on his behavior and actions is also the source of what drives him and the reason he's such a great frontman and songwriter. To be without the mood swings and tempers would be to be without the mesmerising performances and songs.

Ultimately this is what they are saying led to the demize of the band and how it's all Axl's fault.  That's my point, so if Slash admits this is what made Axl great then really how can he be at fault for the band's breakup.  Axl was being Axl and the Axl he's always been.

That doesn't mean it wasn't his fault.  It can be someone's fault for being themself.  Sometimes in life you decide to stick with someone or a relationship that you know isn't good for you because you don't know what else to do.  Eventually you figure out how bad it really is and you move on.  Nothing changed other than one person realized that whatever good came wasn't worth the bad that came with it.

Fault is really the wrong word - I think Axl is most responsible for it, but it isn't necessarily his fault.  Slash knew that if the band was going to be huge, they needed Axl, so they put up with a lot of shit that they didn't necessarily want to because they felt they had to including signing over the rights to the name.  Eventually they decided putting up with Axl wasn't worth it.  Axl didn't change, but it was his actions/decisions that are mainly responsible for what happened.

You're right fault is the wrong word.    One thing cannot be disputed is the evolution of GNR with the UYI's as I posted before, that entire tour was unbelievably successful and maybe Axl wanting change even moreso going forward with GNR after TSI was obviously just too much for Slash, Duff and Matt.

Soooo can we say that the demise of GNR is not because of mostly the actions of one man but because of how the others may have changed in how they dealt with situations in the past, bascially Axl being Axl and them not dealing with that anymore. 

Now I ask who ultimately broke the band up tho, the one acting the same or the ones who chose to leave?  Or maybe can we say it was a more even ground since the one person that has gotten all the blame really didn't change his colors at all and was always trying to keep GNR going but it was the others who turned their backs.

Food for thought

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the problems that they had with the material were the really long epic tunes, they wanted to make 4-5 miute tracks and axl wanted 7-12 minute songs...that fact is well documented..so in a way that Axl quote is correct but a bit squewed at the same time..and when things started going poppy, then again slash had problems with it....aka the synth in PC and the SCOM riff etc etc

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I think we're starting to get into technicalities now.  Let me take it to the extreme:

A guy is kicking the shit out of his wife daily.  After a few years of this, she finally decides to leave him.  Are you going to say the wife is responsible for changing her way of thinking?

Obviously this is an exaggeration, but the point is valid.  If you're treated in a way you don't appreciate and finally decide you aren't going to take it anymore, then you made the decision to leave, but the way you were treated was the cause.

buzzsaw wrote:

I think we're starting to get into technicalities now.  Let me take it to the extreme:

A guy is kicking the shit out of his wife daily.  After a few years of this, she finally decides to leave him.  Are you going to say the wife is responsible for changing her way of thinking?

Obviously this is an exaggeration, but the point is valid.  If you're treated in a way you don't appreciate and finally decide you aren't going to take it anymore, then you made the decision to leave, but the way you were treated was the cause.

True but this isn't just how they were treated, it's the whole ball of wax down to types of songs and how they artistically disagreed and no one would budge so they left.   Bottom line is for me, I don't believe it was one man that broke this band up, I think it's alot of variables that indeed involves all of them and it just couldn't work anymore and Axl defends that by this rant.   I can't believe that Axl just shit on them for years and then suddenly they couldn't take it and left, I am sure their actions caused reactions of Axl to them and vice versa before they actually left.

I understand what you are saying and Axl certainly had a way of doing things as it's been reported but I certainly think it's waay to heavy a load to just blame him as so many people do.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the problems that they had with the material were the really long epic tunes, they wanted to make 4-5 miute tracks and axl wanted 7-12 minute songs...that fact is well documented..so in a way that Axl quote is correct but a bit squewed at the same time..and when things started going poppy, then again slash had problems with it....aka the synth in PC and the SCOM riff etc etc

This is why they needed each other.  (generalizing big time here)  Guns was big because the guys loved the heavy sound and bad ass lyrics and women loved the poppy songs and SCOM type lyrics and melodies.  They had to coexist to reach the level they did.  Axl's version would have been more mainstream and that would have never reached the levels they did.  Slash's version would have been an Aerosmith knockoff and that wouldn't have made it big either.  What it really comes down to is the same thing that made them great tore them apart.  It was inevitable regardless of who was more responsible for it.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I wish i could hear or read comments from the ex GNR musicians admitting their own faults and flaws in how an amazing band went downhill.

They went up fast and came back down just as quick.

It can't be just one person's fault.

I'll tell you a little story :

I used to know this model and in Ibiza, she partied with them.

She said the ony person who was not going out and whom she hasn't seen although he was on the island was Axl, rumored to be resting.

They were all getting slaughtered but Axl.

I have other personals on people who crossed their path, one way or another, on personal levels.

You may be able to blame axl for some things, sure, but what about the others huh ?

They were not saints, their behaviour was a music killer too.

I would like these people to say " hold on, we are to blame JUST AS MUCH".

Then, they would show their adult side, because up until now, i haven't seen it !

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think everyone knows its not ALL Axl's fault. The issue is the fact he is the ONLY one who refuses to move on. Even Adler was able to put down the crack pipe long enough to release an EP. While all members from that era continue their music careers in varying degrees of success, Axl is in AFD purgatory playing the blame game.

Like I said in an earlier post, actions speak louder than words. The public sees what is going on, and thats why it is so easy for the public to point the finger at Axl.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer