You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: "Guns N' Roses: Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?"

Bono wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i'll take solace in the fact that you miserable sods will remain miserable, no matter what happens, and your backwater, ridiculous and absurd, shut-off from reality, delusional posts, which, no matter how much are compliment by 10 or so forum members, will not make so much as a ripple on the landscape of this album. no matter how much you tell yourself that you're an intellectual, a fair thinking and well grounded human being who is taking a realistic approach to this saga ,you aren't. your perception is not reality, i am happy knowing that this ridiculous horseshit will be remain confined within this forum, nowhere else.

christ if the whole world was like this forum depression would be a worldwide epidemic. TALK ABOUT CONSUMED WITHIN THE SAGA.

the most pathetic thing about all this is you actually think you're right, laughable, if it wasn't so pathetic, it might be funny.

thank you and good day, i'll look forward to CD being a resounding success, if it isnt i'll be unhappy, unlike you people who will be happy if it fails, HOW FUCKING SAD.

You're an idiot who hasn't been around long enough to see all my posts. Miserable? you make me fucking laugh.

Shotgunblues19 wrote:

No, there is no reunion in sight.

14 O.k. buddy. Your posts as well as Captain Wanker's reak of a defensive atitude. the kind peopel have when the truth hurts.

tejastech08 wrote:

What do you mean a "clear" version of Prostitute? The thing leaked months ago in excellent quality from the guy at Antiquiet.com.

As for your rant, I think "Better" is going to explode if they release it as a single. The reason they released CD first is because they knew it wasn't the best song on the album and would do "well" strictly based on hype alone. And by the way, its chart position is hurt by the fact that it was only on the radio up until a few days ago. No other GN'R single has ever ONLY been on the radio. These charts take into consideration SALES as well as spins on the radio. Well, now that CD was released for purchse, it is doing pretty darn well on iTunes.

See what I mean about people only wanting to point out what they percieve as "negative" coments. It's obviousy lost on you that I've been saying Better would  kill on radio for years now. I think it'd be a great single. As for the clean leak of Prostitute well excuss me for not rushing to download the leaks. That endeded for me a LONG time ago. Prostitute, If the World were out for nearly a week before I even had a listen. Fuck me for not hearinga clean version of Prostitute by now. My God call the authorities Bono no longer downloads leaks instantaniously.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

LOL@ppl arguing that CD is a more successful single than SCOM! Not even close, SCOM was a crossover success and was a pop smash.ChiDem the single is gonna get nowhere near the top of the pop charts with the likes of Kanye,Britney,etc.That is why i think the video will be for Better/Blues/or something that has a chance of crossing over.Motley Crue had a hit with SOLA on rock radio, Offspring has had a huge radio hit with YGGFK and that has not translated to huge album sales.You people are kidding yourselves if you think ChiDem is on the level with SCOM but thanks for the laughs.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

rock singles doesn't top billboard 100 anymore havnt since 1994,

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bono, I don't know why you're calling it a "clean" leak, assuming you are talking about the same leak I'm talking about. There's only been one leak of Prostitute that I've downloaded, and it was literally MONTHS ago, not recently. There's been another leak of tracks RECENTLY that were scratched up with a watermark. The only ones I downloaded were Sorry, This I Love, Scraped, and Catcher in the Rye. But the other tracks were also leaked and I guess you downloaded Prostitute. I'm surprised the Antiquiet leaks would go over your head a few months back so easily when the guy got sued by GN'R and was in deep shit with the federal authorities up until yesterday when it was announced he "only" received probation rather than the years of jail time he was initially facing.

The Antiquiet leaks had 9 tracks, 3 of which were new. Prostitute, Riad and the Bedouins, and If The World.

Also, I didn't perceive anything negative from your post other than the fact that you BLATANTLY said the album would tank and be "short lived." I disagree with you. If you seriously think Better is going to be a popular song, then why would you suggest that the album's success will be short lived if Better is NOT the first single released? There's no logic in your statement if you actually believe Better is going to be so successful. I think it will be a huge hit and will sustain the album's success. That's kind of the point of releasing it AFTER the first single instead of blowing their wad right off the bat. It's an old school release, just like they did with SCOM.

Captain Winkler

bono my post described your life, neh-neh-nehneh-neh

'its harder to live with the truth about you than the lies about me'

teehee!

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

LOL@ppl arguing that CD is a more successful single than SCOM! Not even close, SCOM was a crossover success and was a pop smash.ChiDem the single is gonna get nowhere near the top of the pop charts with the likes of Kanye,Britney,etc.That is why i think the video will be for Better/Blues/or something that has a chance of crossing over.Motley Crue had a hit with SOLA on rock radio, Offspring has had a huge radio hit with YGGFK and that has not translated to huge album sales.You people are kidding yourselves if you think ChiDem is on the level with SCOM but thanks for the laughs.

Nobody is saying that CD is better, or bigger, than SCOM

Radio has changed a lot since those days

My only point was that to ignore the success of CD just to support your own views is flat out stupid.  The facts are that CD is one of the most successful GnR singles on ROCK radio in GnR history

Rock songs do not get played on pop radio the way they did prior to the emergence of hip hop as the pre-eminent form of pop music.  So it's hard to compare.  But anyone who dismisses the success of CD is just doing it because acknowledging that CD has done well wouldn't fit their sad little agenda, their illogical little theories that have been crumbling for the past couple of months

They would look a lot less foolish just to admit they are wrong now, rather than keep arguing points that never had much validity but that now have been completely dismantled

SHAQisonChiDem

shotgunblues1978 wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

Nobody is saying that CD is better, or bigger, than SCOM

Radio has changed a lot since those days

My only point was that to ignore the success of CD just to support your own views is flat out stupid.  The facts are that CD is one of the most successful GnR singles on ROCK radio in GnR history

Rock songs do not get played on pop radio the way they did prior to the emergence of hip hop as the pre-eminent form of pop music.  So it's hard to compare.  But anyone who dismisses the success of CD is just doing it because acknowledging that CD has done well wouldn't fit their sad little agenda, their illogical little theories that have been crumbling for the past couple of months

They would look a lot less foolish just to admit they are wrong now, rather than keep arguing points that never had much validity but that now have been completely dismantled

Rock songs do cross over to the top 100.Green Day did it with Blvd Of Broken Dreams.ChiDem is not that kind of single and who knows if there is one on the album.A rock radio smash doesn't necessarily translate to album sales, so what is the big deal if ChiDem is a rock radio smash?I still think a lot of the Itunes orders are from Forum die hards.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

CD is not the kind of single that will.  That said, it's 103 on the Hot 100 after two days of release as a digital single.  It'll crack the Top 100 by next week

Songs like Better, Scraped, The Blues, TIL, etc all have a chance to crossover

But there's nothing as blatantly commercial as Nickelback or Green Day.  Or, for that matter, Sorry by Buckcherry. 

The poppy ballads are pretty long and don't have the classic type of hooks, and the poppiest rocks song still contain parts that might be too heavy to break into the top 20-30 category

That said, I think The Blues or TIL could be a big pop hit.  But I can't think of a rock song as energetic as SCOM breaking the upper reaches of the Hot 100 in the past couple of years.  They've always been slower paced ballads with very, very, very commercial hooks

Captain Winkler

yea because green day's situation, a band that is mainstream and has been active for the last 10 years, is comparable with GNR's, HURR DURR

SHAQisonChiDem

Captain Winkler wrote:

yea because green day's situation, a band that is mainstream and has been active for the last 10 years, is comparable with GNR's, HURR DURR

Mainstream?What the fuck do you think GNR is, underground?90 million albums doesn't exactly scream non-mainstream.GNR also went on several world tours under the guise of the ChiDem album so they were not exactly inactive.Some of you sound like you were sent here by Jarmo.

Board footer