You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: "Guns N' Roses: Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?"

tejastech08 wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

Hey, Wink might be overtly positive and a little too confrontational at times

But he's no more of a dick than many of the guys who are complete, over the top dicks who hate Axl and get a free pass and have for years

Agree with this.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned this..................
when comparing Sweet Child to Chinese Democracy you must consider that SC was not the first single on the album and jungle had very little success until after child came out. cd is doing very well. it's sole purpose is to promote the next single and, more importantly, the album

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Five pages ovenight. Nice.

While I do stand behind everything I wrote (anything else would make posting altogether rather futile), I deliberately worded some of my arguments to raise a discussion. Experimenting with a bit edgy style, if you may. For the record, I personally have followed and supported this band (which means chicken buckets instead of top hats) long enough to hope that they'll receive nothing but the best as far as record sales, tours and overall positive attention are concerned. They do deserve it.

But releasing CD is a big deal, the most important singular moment in the history this band, no matter how much the lineup would continue to rotate in the times to come. All those considering yours truly 'negative' should note that I am merely coming out as such due to the gravity of the situation. I'm sick and tired of Ax and the boys getting the short end of the stick for reasons either brought upon themselves or by circumstances beyond their control.

This should be the finishing line, which has so far eluded them. And here I still am, filled with doubt and concern over the future of this band instead of joy and compassion over the fact that they're finally hitting a homerun. I don't want a reunion, not before this band will run its course in a proper fashion. Wouldn't mind too much having Bumble instead of Bucket, but would like Robin and Brain, the retrievable ones, to return and tour for a year or two.

So far, the outlook of the payoff is looking more like a kiss-off: unless Ax and Azoff have a firm plan, which will very soon be set in motion, this thing is going to drop, make a little sound and go away again. Regardless of myself and my fellow fans may or may not deserve for sticking by all this time, I do feel this band fully deserves a right to be recognized as Guns N' Roses.

Because that's what they are.

Therefore, I'm positive towards the band and mainly negative towards the way they've been treated in the past - so far, the advent of CD's release has offered little assurance that things would, finally, change for the better.

Yowza!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

russ were you sent here by jarmo? LOL SOUNDS LIKE IT MAN

can't wait for this thing to bomb so i can come back here and laugh in all you guys faces, anyone who thinks otherwise is way too far up axl's ass or just plain stupid, look man as a GNR fan i expect  the single to do better than SCOM, is that expecting  too much? didnt think so losers ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

wait i am supposed to be a fan too oshi-

sic.

sic. wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Is it not ok to just be happy about some things that ARE happening in the GNR world without being accused of "being Jarmo" so to speak?

To each his own.

I have no problem with the fact that there are a great many people on this board, who are able to see the silver lining in the cloud hurling above us. It's all about how you look at it.

Yes, there are positives in the current situation, no doubt about it. We are finally getting the bloody album, which is of extreme significance. But there are still too many things reminding me of the same old shenaningas associated to this band - both avoidable and unnecessary - which I'd already hoped would've passed with the induction of the new management.

I'm not too worried about actually getting the album. I'm more concerned of what will happen with the band after it drops.

Captain Winkler wrote:

i can come back here

Don't hold your breath.

Sky Dog wrote:

But, isn't that what actually makes Axl attractive in a very masochistic way? Don't we actually enjoy the trainwreck? Don't we enjoy the fact that he really doesn't give a shit what we think or want? Seriously, if I want artistic rock and roll, I go straight to Dylan. He is all I need to fulfill my requirement of what the perfect rock star should be. Axl? Just an off beat slightly talented character who has quite a penchant for high drama....even when he does NOTHING. 16

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

dylan aint a wrong star, hes a magician, a musician and a song writer: one of the best, not a rock star. axl is the epitome of rockstar, the last one left standing.

sic.

sic. wrote:

Well Cap,

That's something we can at least agree on. I also undersign brother madagas' claim on Axl's penchant for controversy, which goes straight back to the UYI days.

Sky Dog wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

dylan aint a wrong star, hes a magician, a musician and a song writer: one of the best, not a rock star. axl is the epitome of rockstar, the last one left standing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWz-9x68uM

rock star in spades...that would be Mick Ronson on the gold Les Paul. Crazy chick on fiddle....Dylan rules.:mosh:

Board footer