You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Rumored Unreleased CD Era Songs

PaSnow wrote:

Dave who?? GnFnR2K??

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Reading this thread got me thinking about old web sites.  Anyone remember this one?  http://home.swipnet.se/~w-52838/gnfnrs1.html

Click on the "current status" on the left hand side.  It mentions alot of new songs that are actually on the album.  But its weird, its like going through a timewarp b/c it hasnt been updated since 2001.  Although most of it looks like its from 99.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Reading this thread got me thinking about old web sites.  Anyone remember this one?  http://home.swipnet.se/~w-52838/gnfnrs1.html

nice find. i totally forgot about that page 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Id say some of those are CD tracks

Hearts Get killed is a working title. That is a corny title and couldn't be a for real title.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

me thinks Zodiac=Shackler's, Thyme=TWAT, Sorry=Zip it or Friend or Foe

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

We really have no way of knowing if the tracks changed though.  God, how I hope for a massive box set with all the different versions of these songs under all the different titles!  I want to hear everything, even if it's as bad as silkworms!

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

I thought twat was mentioned by RS in '99???

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I think Thyme and TWAT are two different songs.

James has me sold on Shacklers Revenge being Zodiac.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Just based on the name, I'd say that "Thyme" is likely "There Was A Time."

Kerrang article 1999 wrote:

Over the next 12 months, the band apparently recorded 30 songs for the album, continually reworking them. Tracks recorded were said to include ‘Prostitute’, ‘Cock-a-roach soup’, ‘This I love’, ‘Suckerpunched’, ‘No love remains’, ‘Friend or foe’, ‘Zip it’, ‘Something always’, ‘Hearts get killed’ and ‘Closing in on you’. Depending on who you believe, they veered from techno-industrial rock to old-style Guns sleaze.

Interestingly, sources even suggested that the album already had a title - possibly ‘Cockroach soup’ or, more realistically, ‘2000 intentions’.

Looking back at the Kerrang article which was the source of several of these lost tunes, they did mention Prostitute and This I Love as well. So some of the others may have been real songs, but who knows if they had complete lyrics and vocals recorded, or if they were just work-in-progress instrumentals.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Eulogy Of A Broken Heart, Greenletter (I dont remember where I see that title, maybe in gnrsource.com) and "We Were Liying" from a interview with Dizzy Reed

Board footer