You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Rumored Unreleased CD Era Songs

Neemo wrote:

ask and you shall receive, below are all the mentions of rumored song titles that will not be appearing on Chinese Democracy...(I havent included OMG and Silkworms) please check them out and if you know of or come across any more mentions please let me know and i'll update them...please provide quotes here possible

I've gathered information from the website, mostly courtesty of sic's Chinese Whispers research, as well as suggestions by olarin and 'slinger. they are also compiled in the Chinese Democracy Album Thread

Ides Of March ('98)
Oklahoma ('98)
Atlas Shrugged ('99)
Closing In On You ('99)
Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99)
Friend Or Foe ('99)
Hearts Get Killed ('99)
No Love Remains ('99)
Something Always ('99)
Suckerpunched ('99)
Zip It ('99)
Down By The Ocean ('01)
Leave Me Alone ('02)
Seven ('02)
The General ('02)
Thyme ('02)
Quick Song ('05)
Zodiac ('05)
Motormouth ('06)

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Nice big_smile I was gonna say we should make it a permanent fixture in the Chinese Democracy discography entry but you've already updated it 9

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

how could you forget "my favorite pillow"? tongue

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I remember when T3 came out, and there was a promo pic on their website with the description "Friend or Foe".

This, in 2003, of course turned into a serious discussion on how this naturally meant that GN'R would be appearing in the movie and the album was right around the corner. The lack of proper procedure, promotion and announcement was explained as an "ingenious marketing campaign".

Those were the days.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

There has been a lot of talk about how they may have just merged some of these songs with some songs that ended up on the album. i dont particularly buy that. i don't know how come up with titles like Atlas Shrugged, Ides of March, Seven, Thyme, Zodiac, and Oklahoma based on instrumentals. Maybe Closing in on You, Quick Song, Suckerpunched, and Cock-a-Roach soup but I'm not to convinced on the others.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

There has been a lot of talk about how they may have just merged some of these songs with some songs that ended up on the album. i dont particularly buy that. i don't know how come up with titles like Atlas Shrugged, Ides of March, Seven, Thyme, Zodiac, and Oklahoma based on instrumentals.

Would it be possible Thyme could have been TWAT??

Anyway, ashame Oklahoma & The General never saw the light of day. I was interested in hearing them.  How about Prostitute, is that definitely Song#2 or whatever?!

Sky Dog wrote:

yes and we have no idea as to what became what with these unheard songs.:/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's why dave is MIA. I think he might have killed himself when he found out that song 2 was Prostitute.

Sky Dog wrote:

ha.....it was too obvious. Dave is quite a mystery these days. We need him back.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer