You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Just How Long has Paul Huge been around GnR?

Neemo wrote:

So i was always under the assumption that he came around in the 90's after Izzy and Axl started to have a falling out of sorts... like before UYI but not long before

so anyway, out of the blue today i popped in AFD, right, and i got home just as RQ was 3/4 done so i turned on the light to read the thank you's since its been years...

check it out, in the middle of the pack it says

[...] Mike Crank, Paul (let's look for planes!) Huge (Hue-gy), Tracii (L.A. -) Guns, [...]

weird huh? or maybe every one else already knew and i'm just slow 16

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Wasn't he Axl's childhood friend?  I always assumed he was hanging round with him all the time that Axl was in GnR.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

He helped write Neemo's all time favorite Guns tune - Back off Bitch.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Roxxie wrote:

Wasn't he Axl's childhood friend?  I always assumed he was hanging round with him all the time that Axl was in GnR.

i knew he was axl's friend..i just figured they reconnected during the uyi recording sessions or something

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He is Axls friend from Lafayette, so I guess he was a childhood friend who stayed in touch after Axl went to LA, and still stayed friends after Axl became famous.

Its unsurprising him and Slash never got along because Huge would have seen things from Axls perspective,  and Slash had his own differing  opinion of things.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

He helped write Back of Bitch which GN'R was already performing at shows in 86 so he's basically been around since the start.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This 'Axl's childhood friend' and 'Paul was around since the beginning' story is bullshit. Axl didn't even know his name when the UYIs came out, that's why he's called Huge instead of Tobias. Yeah, they met in their teens or something like that, but he wasn't around at all. Came back sometime in 1993-1994.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So he didnt know his name and simply called him Huge because he did not know better?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

That was a nickname. Sorta. Just like they didn't know Dizzy's name when he joined the group.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, Paul is credited for writing Back Off Bitch which was a demo from the appetite sessions. He was around in 87.....

Board footer