You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What if Better flops?

I don't see Better flopping at all.  I've been playing Better from a few years now in the various clubs I've dj'd in. From you stanky pubs to real dance clubs I've managed to get it on and it's alwasys managed to geta  reaction which far more often than not was positive. More than anything I'd get people coming up to ask about it. I have played Chinese Democracy here and there and the song basically gets a blind eye(deaf ear) turned to it.  Better will do really well especially with Axl's classic voice being used.  I really think people will eat this song up but after that I don't see them having any other song that will have any real substantial success as a single.  If I were to pick a  3rd single I'd say If The World would be the one. Just my opinion though.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What if Better flops?

I don't see Better flopping at all.  I've been playing Better from a few years now in the various clubs I've dj'd in. From you stanky pubs to real dance clubs I've managed to get it on and it's alwasys managed to geta  reaction which far more often than not was positive. More than anything I'd get people coming up to ask about it. I have played Chinese Democracy here and there and the song basically gets a blind eye(deaf ear) turned to it.  Better will do really well especially with Axl's classic voice being used.  I really think people will eat this song up but after that I don't see them having any other song that will have any real substantial success as a single.  If I were to pick a  3rd single I'd say If The World would be the one. Just my opinion though.

You're right there, I haven't heard the 3 new tracks but I think Better's the track to carry this album. If this song isn't a hit none of them will be.

As for a third single, from what I've heard I'd say Prostitute or maybe even Madagascar?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

GNR have 3 vids on myspace i've never seen before.  It's under their about GNR section, click videos at the top of that box.

They've got a behind the scenes vid and 2 very kick ass commercials.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

GNR have 3 vids on myspace i've never seen before.  It's under their about GNR section, click videos at the top of that box.

They've got a behind the scenes vid and 2 very kick ass commercials.

That long version of the commercial is kickass! That's what should be airing on tv right now.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Nice find, cool vids.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

apparently Tommy made over 2.5 million from Gnr over the last 10 years...now think about that because out of the ten years, he probably really only worked 3-4 years of "real" people work like we do!

Even though he only had to probably do the equivalent of 3-4 years "proper work", he would still have to have been ready at Axl's disposal when he wants him.

I am actually surprised by those numbers (some may flame me), but for 10 years to earn $250,000 a year I am really quite surprised.  I don't think that is very much money.  Where did those figures come from?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

apparently Tommy made over 2.5 million from Gnr over the last 10 years...now think about that because out of the ten years, he probably really only worked 3-4 years of "real" people work like we do!

Even though he only had to probably do the equivalent of 3-4 years "proper work", he would still have to have been ready at Axl's disposal when he wants him.

I am actually surprised by those numbers (some may flame me), but for 10 years to earn $250,000 a year I am really quite surprised.  I don't think that is very much money.  Where did those figures come from?

Are you joking?  That's a lot of money for just sitting around a lot of the time.  It's not like they toured a whole bunch, or released any music.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

In the conetext of the situation it's not a lot.

Sure there is a lot of wasted money there and he could have simply paid him for only the 3 or 4 years of work.  But even he he paid him soley for those 4 years @ $250,000.  For a huge band like GNR to be paid $250,000 per annum and your the bass player - I think you are getting underpaid, particularly if you may not be getting much of a slice of the pie when the thing finally gets released, or a slice of the touring, merchandise etc etc.  I'll bet you the hired guns weren't cut in on that gravy train.  So in the context of that I don't think it's a lot of dollars compared to what could be earnt.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Can someone send me a download link to an mp3, if there is one. Sorry for being so blantant and not reading the thread but I've had a rough 14 hour day of school and the bills are on MNF so forgive me, please.

Sky Dog wrote:

he was earning money other ways with solo albums, his Replacements catalog, Soul Asylum work, etc. He did other session work during that timeframe as well and also was scoring soundtracks for movies. It wasn't his only income. Plus, the figure came from some one at Interscope, not going to tell you how I know. It sounded like they knew what he was paid for the recording of the album. Now, I also think touring is a separate deal from their regular contract. These are very general comments that I do not have direct proof of. It's no big deal either way and is really none of our business. Tommy is doing fine....much better than before he came in to Guns. Everybody is so caught up in bullshit. Argue Argue Argue.:headbang:

Board footer