You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

I'm surprised by this news, not that Better will be the next single but how fast it's happened. CD's only been on sale a week, unleashing another single now seems really soon. I don't think there's much doubt Better is the song that'll be a hit single if any track is, I'd have just expected it in 2-4 weeks time, not now.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

That's how it's done now. Kanye West often releases several singles in the lead up to his album releases. Stronger was actually Graduation's second single. Its first, Can't Tell Me Nothing, basically announced West was coming back with a new album. It was Stronger that had the marketing attention and push and it was Stronger that blew itself and the album up to epic proportions. I expect the same approach for Better. As an aside, no matter what the post-modern "It's cooler not to have a video" audience likes to tell themselves, GN'R needs to debut a video to promote this album within the next week. Period. A major release by a major artist without a video is a fucking joke. Nobody cares if you personally watch MTV or Fuse or not, there are other avenues to distribute video content and the lack of a video is like a gaping wound in the marketing campaign for this album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

K-rock in the NYC area will be playing it at 11 int he morning and 2 in the afternoon. Then again at 5 in the afternoon.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

and about fuckin time

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It is the next single. i called the radio and he told me his manager has it in his office for monday. so better is the next single. confirmed

Why is KRock presumably the only station talking about it though?  Is it exclusive to them to help promote the listening party tomorrow night?  Is it gonna be played all over the world tomorrow?  Were they not supposed to let this information slip?

They didn't promote it. I requested Better during a rock block. The DJ called me up and asked if I had heard it and what I thought I told him I did in demo form and liked it. He said that his manager had it in the office locked up til Monday morning. And now they are started to promote that a new single will be hitting the air on Monday.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So in three weeks maybe single #3?  Must be a Ballad... "Sorry"?  Just kidding... Cart before horse and stuff...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That's good to hear it will be Better.  I don't think they really had much choice, they had to pick the song most likely to have general commercial appeal.

I think Better will do the trick - I'm looking forward to it coming out and watching the reaction.

Sky Dog wrote:

what trick?.....CD was doing pretty well. I agree that Better needs to go to radio. I'm thinking Chinese Democracy was thrown out there because of the name and the fact that it has a little edge. Releasing Better now is a perfect move. It is clearly the most radio friendly track. But, then again, I am not a target audience consumer so I may be way off!:peace:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Better is the right move, definitely bring momentum at a needed time to kick things off right.

Board footer