You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody want to guess what the ballad will be?

I'm still thinking TWAT.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

While not in my personal top 3 new tracks, I agree that this is the most cross-over friendly and generally best recieved of the leaked tracks from the past 2 years. hell, even the Merckster must've thought so if we remember back to the preliminary Harley ad.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm still thinking TWAT.

It will prob be Street of Dreams or maybe even Prostitute. TWAT although a good song is kinda long for radio these days and not that big of a radio friendly ballad. Even though CD wasnt exactly single material it shares the name of the album and is in some cases the hardest or "dirtiest" song on the album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm still thinking TWAT.

Depends on how many singles there are. TWAT is kind of a long song. Prostitute minus the outro is single-worthy I think. This I Love is also very catchy. Blues is pretty catchy too I suppose though for some reason I think that song would bomb.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I was just thinking that This I Love could be a single. If it actually is in line with Estranged, November Rain, and Don't cry then it would only make sense for it too have a single release and even a video.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I reckon the singles could be CD, Better, followed by Street of Dreams, Sorry and either This I Love or Prostitute.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

The Blues is probably the most radio friendly ballad. alot of my friends over the years have really liked it - both die-hard and casual fans alike. it's probably the song that most resembles, or would fit in with, old gnr.

This I Love is my dark horse pick. it's got a great catchy melody. it would be a bold pick. although it may sound a little too 80's-ballad-ish to get put into regular rotation on today's rock stations.

Sky Dog wrote:

The problem with This I Love is that it is just very direct for today's radio. It is piano, orchestra and Axl for 3 minutes...most people would have changed the channel by the time Axl made it to the other instruments coming in. The ballad will be a tough choice. I don't have the answer.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

what trick?.....CD was doing pretty well. I agree that Better needs to go to radio. I'm thinking Chinese Democracy was thrown out there because of the name and the fact that it has a little edge. Releasing Better now is a perfect move. It is clearly the most radio friendly track. But, then again, I am not a target audience consumer so I may be way off!:peace:

The trick I was referring to - was to really break this thing right into the mainstream.  (I still haven't heard CD played on the radio in Oz) nor heard any dj even mention it.  If I hadn't emailed around the link to the song to most of my friends they wouldn't even know GNR had a new album coming out.

I think Better accompanied with a video will really deliver this album smack bang into the mainstream and finally get momentum for this thing to really pick up and people to start talking about this album.

e.g Kings of Leon Sex on Fire - everytime I turn on the radio I hear that song, I always see it on the Video Hits type programs on TV, I read shit about them a lot of places etc etc.  (BTW I really like that song too).  I believe Better will be the trick to really push this thing into the general publics consciousness in a similar vein.

If it doesn't God help them nothing will!

I reckon the first ballad they release will be Street of Dreams.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Most bands wait too long in between singles. Velvet Revolver royally fucked up Libertad in that way. Better is a great choice to be the single on the week of release. Do you think the web site (gunsnroses.com) will stream it, or will it be up on iTunes before the album is out? I hope so. It's getting harder and harder to say 'no' to leaks.

Board footer