You are not logged in. Please register or login.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Re: CD in Canada

I ask in a unfamous Mix Up Store here in Acapulco and the release date is November 23, like you.     0)=happy ciclops

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

I'm gonna shop a bit on the weekend, but it really doesn't matter who I get it from.  I'm buying 5 copies so price will be somewhat of a concern, but this may be the last CD I ever buy, so it really doesn't matter.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
boneshj wrote:

Assuming what I am hearing is true that I won't be able to find the vinyl for Sunday anywhere in Edmonton, I'll get it an independant shop.

With the size of this release most will be close in price, so I'd rather support the shop that is sticking to music rather than Best Buy/HMV/Future Shop who have gotten rid of most of their floor space that stocked music and replaced it with Video Games and Movies.  I understand why they do it, but as a music lover, I don't want to see the disappearance of music stores. 

All that said, whoever manages to stock the vinyl Sunday morning in Edmonton will get my business for both the vinyl, CD and whatever else I decide to buy that day.

Go to Megatunes. I'll bet you they stock it in vinyl.  When Metallica's new album came out they stocked Metallica's entire catalog in vinyl. Megatunes carries  a wack of vinyle man.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:
Bono wrote:
boneshj wrote:

Assuming what I am hearing is true that I won't be able to find the vinyl for Sunday anywhere in Edmonton, I'll get it an independant shop.

With the size of this release most will be close in price, so I'd rather support the shop that is sticking to music rather than Best Buy/HMV/Future Shop who have gotten rid of most of their floor space that stocked music and replaced it with Video Games and Movies.  I understand why they do it, but as a music lover, I don't want to see the disappearance of music stores. 

All that said, whoever manages to stock the vinyl Sunday morning in Edmonton will get my business for both the vinyl, CD and whatever else I decide to buy that day.

Go to Megatunes. I'll bet you they stock it in vinyl.  When Metallica's new album came out they stocked Metallica's entire catalog in vinyl. Megatunes carries  a wack of vinyle man.

Yeah, I'm hoping they will have it on Sunday as they are the store I'd prefer to buy it from, but they sounded sceptical that the vinyl would be in on time when I checked a couple of days ago.  Megatunes are actually doing a midnight sale of the album at a bar downtown (I forget the name) but I doubt they'd be selling the vinyl there.

Board footer