You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: CD in Canada

Neemo wrote:

I'm sure by now most people know that CD will be for sale in a competive market up here, so anyway i was looking around today for the best price in Online flyers ...low and behold most internet stores list it at $14.99, with one $12.99, however when it comes to physical first day or first week sales the thing that stores are doing is saying "Guaranteed Lowest Price" or "Pricing not available" kinda sucks for me cuz now i'm physically gonna have to stop at a few stores to look for the best price, with price matching the thing these days is to actually price match a physical promotion of an identical item, so if the flyer doesnt show a price then you are stuck with whatever they have listed

might just be worth it to suck it up for a buck or 2 instead of burning gas while driving around...maybe i'll call a couple stores, though the assholes will prolly tell me to come in

anyway i'll prolly do some grocery shopping at walmart anyway so on the way there i'll hit a record store and a futureshop and compare with walmart when i get there...if its cheaper elsewhere then i'll stop again on the way home, instead of going out of my way for a $1

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Wow dude, when I'm off getting the CD I'll just stop by the first place that got it and go home. big_smile I'm not in Canada though

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Well, Neemo.  Just be glad you're not in Japan.  I'll be paying about the equivalent of $25 USD for it tomorrow morning.  I'm just really hoping that the SHM-CD version doesn't have better/different packaging because then I'll be tempted to buy that and it's going for $28. sad

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Holy Crap Neemo! 16  Seriously when an album I really want comes out I go to the most convenient store location wise and pay whatever they have it listed as. Saving $2-$3 dollars isn't worth my time  and effort to be honest.  If it was a daily thing then definately but for a new album I really want I just find the fucker and buy it 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

but for a new album I really want I just find the fucker and buy it 16

I havent decided how much i "really" want it 16 it pisses me off that one store sells it for more than another...like wtf is that shit, i buy the cheapest one on general principle, haha, anyway like i said there will be 3 or 4 stores within a stones throw, for me. I usually just fuck around on the weekend anyway, so i'll go out grocery shopping and hit the other couple places while i'm out... also i'll take my kid with me and it'll wear her out 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm going to probably spend $20 in gas, to pick it up for $11.99 on Sunday.

How 'bout that Saudi oil, YEAH! 22

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I think I'll just get it at HMV or Play.  They're both only a few blocks away.  Depends on which is selling for cheaper.  Maybe I'll go to Walmart, but I'd have to take the bus, which costs an extra $2.10.  I'm thinking that I wouldn't save more than $2 by buying at Walmart vs. somewhere else, so it's cheaper for me to just stick around here and get it nearby.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Calling around is definitely easier. Just ask then if they have CD in stock and ask them how much it is. They shouldn't have a problem answering that because they'll just think you're thinking about picking up a copy there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:

Assuming what I am hearing is true that I won't be able to find the vinyl for Sunday anywhere in Edmonton, I'll get it an independant shop.

With the size of this release most will be close in price, so I'd rather support the shop that is sticking to music rather than Best Buy/HMV/Future Shop who have gotten rid of most of their floor space that stocked music and replaced it with Video Games and Movies.  I understand why they do it, but as a music lover, I don't want to see the disappearance of music stores. 

All that said, whoever manages to stock the vinyl Sunday morning in Edmonton will get my business for both the vinyl, CD and whatever else I decide to buy that day.

Board footer