You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GNR Evo members' Chinese Democracy reviews thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

"This I Love" ain't in Estranged's league. But "Sorry" is. And yeah, I realize the lyrical content is pretty much the complete opposite. One is a ballad and the other is angry as shit.

And I would agree with you about Rocket Queen. But then again, that is one of my favorites...possibly my favorite GN'R track ever, so I'm probably biased in thinking that nothing on CD is in its league.

Yes, Sorry is awesome, even with the stupid lyrics, the song is very good.  But Sorry gets nowhere the love TIL does.   And Finck's solo is servicable, and that is where it stops, its not brilliant like many say.. They say "less is more with that solo", not, its just "less".  As good as sorry is, the stucture of the song is quite basic, and that is just fine.  Doesn't have to be complex to be good, but Estaranged, Coma, even NR are pretty impressively arranged.  Back in GNR, Axl and Slash had a "push pull" type relationship musically.  I think Bucket could have been that for Axl now.  We know Axl is doing all the Pushing, but who is doing the pulling?  Who is pushing Axl to bigger greatness?  Its not Bumble or Fortus that is for damn sure.

Buckethead played the solo on Sorry, not Finck.

And the lyrics are fucking amazing...the best thing about the song. Unless you hate Axl and only want to see Slash's side of the story, in which case I'm sure the lyrics suck. But I want to see both sides of the story. Axl has been silent for a long ass time on this shit and it's nice to see him letting it out musically.

I was talking about This I Love and about the Solo and some of the lyrics.... Sorry.  I love the song Sorry.  Bucket is awesome.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

"Signature:
Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly."

I think some of those people need a mirror.  The only difference is their adoration is directed at one man and not the music world in general.

Self promotion only gets you so far.  There are a lot of self promoters out there that never make legend or hero status.  You don't get to that level unless there's something to it.  Slash isn't respected in the industry because he's a media whore, he's respected because he's talented and he'll play with just about anybody and make it work. 

Maybe he's selfish.  Maybe he seeks attention.  Maybe he said some things about someone (Axl) that he shouldn't have said at some point.  So what?  Name me one famous person that doesn't have all of these qualities on some level or another.  Even the best slip up.  You don't get to that level by being only a giver.  You have to be selfish, seek attention, and you will eventually say or do something you shouldn't have.  So what?

I think Slash has been pretty fair to Axl in the press.  His criticisms have related mostly to being late, forcing lineup changes on him, and the direction Axl wanted to go musically.  Especially recently, he's been very complimentary to Axl - even after the going to his house incident.  If Slash wanted to get Axl, he's had plenty of opportunities to do it and he never has.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder why this band doesnt seem to mind the late arrivals?

I dont think Buckethead did, from what I read he felt upset with cancelations, keeping fans waiting, riots and lack of album.
Brain also said "I'll come back when they release the album", I guess he was fed up with the delays by that point.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I wonder why this band doesnt seem to mind the late arrivals?

I dont think Buckethead did, from what I read he felt upset with cancelations, keeping fans waiting, riots and lack of album.
Brain also said "I'll come back when they release the album", I guess he was fed up with the delays by that point.

If your employer says I'm coming to work whenever I want, but here's a nice paycheck for your troubles, what are you going to do?  You either say the money is worth it or decide it isn't and leave.  They have no power to do anything else.  They are all just employees of the Axl Rose Corporation.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

We have skewed waaaaaaaay off topic lol, but while we're on the subject:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. … &fext=.jsp

Check out that article on the official website belittling the original members.

Of all the press reviews this is the one chosen?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl doesn't run the website - it's run by someone who is a hanger on like Beta and Jarmo.  That person fears Slash more than anybody else in the world...they may be the only people in the world that fear Slash.

My problem isn't so much the review chosen, it's the excerpt they decide to headline.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Olorin wrote:

We have skewed waaaaaaaay off topic lol, but while we're on the subject:

Check out that article on the official website belittling the original members.

Of all the press reviews this is the one chosen?

That's ridiculous.

Who's running that site, Fernando?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually agree with that statement.

But my question is - why put it on the website? The article serves no other point, then to make a dick move.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

OMG. I seriously can't beleive that's on the official site.

Appart from the nonesence about the old members ruining songs....lets call that hate and move into the concept that simply from a PR perspective...GNR is a brand name with 5 albums of original songs...

Now the band is calling 2 of those albums 'bloated' and then while saying the new album is good coments that it is still inferior to the first album?

And on the official site?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

That review right there is fucking disgusting. the had to be paid to write it by someone within the band I'm sure. It's pathetic. And if they weren't bribed to write it the band(Axl) and it's management is stilll pathetic for posting it on the official site.  Only a fucking lowlife loser would buy into any of that shit. This is reason enough not to buy the album. Illusions bloated? Gee  I wonder why? who in Gn'R would have the audacity to make a bloated record? Then it goes on to say Slash and Co. ruined the Illusions? Ummmm contradiction. The old guys wanted to tone it down and the reviewer says the albums were bloated? Fuck this shit and fuck new Gn'R for puting such trash on their website. I'd quit if I was Ron or anyone else in this band. This has got to be absolutely embarassing for the guys in the band besides Axl.

I dont' care what anyone says. This is a blatant slap in the face to the old band and an all out insult to the fans intelligence.

Board footer