You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: If the World would end today.....

Bono wrote:

Not sure if bumping this is right since it's mroe science than Gn'R but....:haha:

That meteor packed a  punch equivalent to 300 tonnes of TNT
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/081125/c … k_meteor_1

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

SHit, I hope u don't start walking backwards and become frozen.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

wishes.jpg

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No problem bumping this. I eat this shit up. I wanted to be an astronomer when I was a kid. Haley's Comet's return is still one of my biggest childhood memories of disappointment.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No problem bumping this. I eat this shit up. I wanted to be an astronomer when I was a kid. Haley's Comet's return is still one of my biggest childhood memories of disappointment.

When was that Bigbri? I remember when I was in grade 8 or so(1991 roughly) and there was a comet passing earth that was visable for about an entire week day and night. Not sure if that was Haley's Comet or not.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Haley's Comet came through in 1986 I believe. I'm not in position to look it up. But, it's probably the most well known comet ever. It was supposed to turn night into day it was so bright, but it just fizzled out. It just looked like a cloud. I was looking forward to it forever, it seemed, but ... nothing.

There are others that have came after it that have been much cooler, Hale-Bop being one of them

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I remember Hale Bop, was cool but once you'd seen it for ten minutes....

I saw a shooting star once that was pretty cool.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Haley's Comet came through in 1986 I believe. I'm not in position to look it up. But, it's probably the most well known comet ever. It was supposed to turn night into day it was so bright, but it just fizzled out. It just looked like a cloud. I was looking forward to it forever, it seemed, but ... nothing.

There are others that have came after it that have been much cooler, Hale-Bop being one of them

yeah hale-Bop. That was it. I remember that thing. It was easily visable for a whole week. Durring the day it was like a  bright weird looking cloud and at night it was a wicke bright streak in the sky. Pretty cool.

Bono

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I remember Hale Bop, was cool but once you'd seen it for ten minutes....

I saw a shooting star once that was pretty cool.

Only once?  About 8 years ago there was a meteor shower. Me and a few freinds drove out to a farmers field and watched. It was awesome. probably over 100 "shooting stars" in about ten minutes.  I'm surprised you've only seen one shooting star APE. I seem to see them all the time. Not always to the extent of a meteor shower though 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yeah just the one, I was on my way to a football game and one flew across the sky. I know people say they're quite common and if you looked out when it's clear for a full night chances are you'll see one, I just never have.

Board footer