You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

bazgnr wrote:

And I distinctly get the feeling that we're not meant to be reading this yet.  All the "available today!" and - more obviously - "November 23" stuff.  Very insightful regardless.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

2 members left of the original new guns n' roses. A bass player and a keyboardist. Replacements for the replacements.

New new GN'R starts now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They cant tour without Pitman. He is a crucial factor to the sound on the new material.

If this is a mistake, it needs to be corrected ASAP. This "update" is more confusing than the liner notes.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I doubt he's out of the band, but he is obviously not considered a member like the rest. The Darryl Jones of GN'R (although strictly speaking they all are).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The current GN'R lineup of lead singer Axl Rose, guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboard and piano player Dizzy Reed, synthesizer and programming wiz Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer is all over the record [...]

should say ARE all over the record

anyway it currently reads like this

The day has arrived.

Chinese Democracy is out, it's getting rave reviews, and you can get your copy today. The epic 14-song album has already broken every streaming record on MySpace, with 25 listens per second after being streamed in full on the site starting Thursday, Nov. 20.

Chinese Democracy is everything you've been waiting so patiently for -- and a lot more.

Swirling guitars crash through blistering rockers and fly over soaring power ballads, with thundering drums, pounding bass, synthesizer-fueled electronica, and a mélange of pure rock n' roll influences peppering the mix.

Here's a full track description:

"Chinese Democracy" opens things up on a theatrical note. Right away you realize that frontman and GN'R mastermind Axl Rose has never sounded better. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo is another highlight of the title track.

"Better" couldn't be better, with a five-pronged guitar attack setting off explosions while an industrial beat crunches away. Tommy Stinson's bass line provides the backbone of the rhythm.

"Street Of Dreams" comes next, and it's a beautiful ballad that you might recognize as the song introduced as "The Blues" during GN'R's tour in 2006.

The fifth track, "If The World," is a classic funk-rock song with Middle Eastern elements and liquid bass playing from synth man and programmer –- and track co-writer –- Chris Pitman.

On "There Was A Time" Axl sings: "Broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall/It was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all," before this instant classic crescendos into the powerful chorus. Other highlights include Dizzy Reed, Pitman and Axl's synth orchestra, which gives the song a movie feel.

A gorgeous instrumental intro featuring piano, bass and Axl's signature wails begins the album's next ballad, "Catcher In The Rye". Two tasty guitar solos here –- one by Bumblefoot, one by Buckethead.

"Scraped" features Axl all over the voice register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piled on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you."

Meanwhile, "Sorry" is a kick-back track with acoustic guitar but with Axl-penned lyrics that bite: "You don't know why I won't give in," he says. "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in."

Track No. 10, "Riad N' The Bedouins" has Axl giving his all to the vocal over a complex, multi-layered guitar rhythm. The instrumental bridge segues from strings to a Bumblefoot solo assault.

An electronic drum loop leads right into the next song, "I.R.S.", which contains some of Axl's most inner-reaching lyrical content on the album.

Track No. 12, "Madagascar," features acclaimed orchestral arranger Paul Buckmaster and includes emotional samples from history, including two speeches by Martin Luther King Jr., the films "Mississippi Burning" and "Cool Hand Luke."

"This I Love", a dramatic ballad, starts with only Axl's voice and piano playing, and it's the only song on the album written solely by Axl.

"Prostitute" brings things to a close, with Axl saying, "It's not a question of whether my heart is true."

The current GN'R lineup of Axl, Bumblefoot, rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, Stinson, keyboard and piano player Dizzy Reed, and drummer Frank Ferrer is all over the record in addition to the many other contributors on this epic project, GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Retail chain Best Buy is the exclusive outlet for the CD and vinyl album in the United States. The album is also available via the iTunes Store.

Go get yours today!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is Del James still the one that updates this shit?  Even this thing is all messed up.  Jeez.....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

"Scraped" features Axl all over the voice register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piled on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you."

that is awful writing 18 i cringe to even read it 17

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

If that is Del writing this his skills have gone downhill...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Come on guys!  Look on the bright side.  At least we got an update and an album.  Cheers to Axl and his musicians.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Come on guys!  Look on the bright side.  At least we got an update and an album.  Cheers to Axl and his musicians.

I'll drink to that big_smile

Board footer