You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: So where exactly is Axl Rose?

Brett wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Theory off the bat: The album is being forced. Axl throws all the leaks on, either because they are collectively the best songs (even though he'd wanted to flesh them out on more albums), or he does it to limit the damage. Get this over with, get out of the contract and do some shit more independently later on. Maybe give us the album where If The World, Scraped and Shackler came from.

I could actually picture Axl trying to bomb the release just to spite the label if they forced him. Just think about the things he's done in the past when he feels stepped on. Jumping out of cars, canceling gigs, inciting riots, possibly spousal abuse, throwing tantrums at teenage girls for not wanting to fuck him, breaking a bottle over his neighbors head etc.

And that is just the shit we know about.

I could see him spiting the label, too. Of all the bullshit I've read on here of reunions, rumors, etc..., your two line post gave me more clarity about the situation than I've ever had before and it was the simplest idea no one ever picked up on. I think we're worse right now in terms of new material than in 2000.

I don't think he's being forced into a reunion, but the album was forced (my personal guess is because he didn't have a proper band to tour it/create further material, but also, if he's forced into releasing an album, he'd probably rather die than reunite with old members). I think what's happening now may be comparable to his feuds with Slash of the past, except he has backed himself so far into a corner now that he has nowhere to go, and perhaps he's finally realizing it. Get rid of the old band? I can start anew! When it took 12 years to start anew, how much of a problem was Slash in the grand scheme of things? And where do you go after 12 years? Sure, lots of people would love to work with Axl Rose, but his mystique is losing steam day in and day out. How bad is it if a guy who wears a bucket on his head can't handle one's craziness?

I'm not saying he's reuniting, but maybe he's realizing that at this point he has nowhere to go. He needs some people in his band, the album was forced, he's showing his attitude, which is good if used productively, but in the process sabotages his own new album. He's fucked any way he turns unless he can put together a good band again and start over. Maybe this is why the songs never leaked - whereas before Axl must have been passing them around to an extent, this time he had no need to because he's pissed they were coming out in the first place.

Thing's aren't looking good barring some act of God. Rolling Stone cover, AMA appearance, etc...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl being a little b-i-t, and you know the rest.

Not a shock.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

no way i believe the album was forced. it's release has become increasingly evident since the day dr pepper announced the free pop promo and alledgedly right before he hired managment.

i am thinking axl's reason lies within how management is dictating the band's structure moving forward or........

is it possible axl's not happy with the tracklist?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

no way i believe the album was forced. it's release has become increasingly evident since the day dr pepper announced the free pop promo and alledgedly right before he hired managment.

i am thinking axl's reason lies within how management is dictating the band's structure moving forward or........

is it possible axl's not happy with the tracklist?

Maybe Axl is tired of hearing Azoff trying to convince him in a reunion.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yes and that falls under what i was saying. they are probably giving that out and one other suggestion as well and none of which axl is interested in.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

maybe axl didnt like how they put chinese democracy as the first single when he used to say they werent considering it as a single tongue

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye the marketing campaign isnt what he had envisioned and he has got to be pretty pissed off about the booklet.

But I dont take The Times seriously, they dislike Axl, have no means to know of a fall out and Axl hant been seen since the 07 tour ended so its hardly breaking news.

There is definently something amiss with this release though, its a shoddy product and a shoddy campaign.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Fernando said Axl is happy with the album over at mygnr, for what it's worth.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I read "GN'R camp" got security to throw Tom Zutaut out of the listening party at the LA party. I wonder who this "GNR camp" was because I dont think the band were there, just some beggars and hangers on.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wasn't Dizzy at the LA Party?

Maybe Dizwald had Earl throw his fatass out head first?

Board footer