You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: So where exactly is Axl Rose?

gnfnraxl wrote:
bloodyhell81 wrote:

im hoping that he is just waiting till the album is realesed world wide before he reamerges it makes sence really, everyone is waiting on him speaking, must be an overwealming feeling.

Would've made sense but the update we got on gunsnroses.com isn't promising.

Cj
 Rep: 1 

Cj wrote:

I wonder why everyone wants to hear from him so badly. Is everyone really more interested in the gossip of this then the tunes? So what where he is. Isn't it about the music anyways? I'm content, maybe it's selfish, but, I got what I want already ... it's in my cd player smile -- and it rocks!

Axl being a private artist seems to bother people more then anything. I guess in a internet, minute to minute gossip, celebrity obsessed culture this is to be expected. Everyone expects their artists to just sell out and be their bitch these days. There was a time when that was uncool. There's no integrity, artistic freedom, attitude... left.  Just corporate business leading the masses like fkin' sheep.

♫ ♪ ♥

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cj wrote:

I wonder why everyone wants to hear from him so badly. Is everyone really more interested in the gossip of this then the tunes? So what where he is. Isn't it about the music anyways? I'm content, maybe it's selfish, but, I got what I want already ... it's in my cd player smile -- and it rocks!

Axl being a private artist seems to bother people more then anything. I guess in a internet, minute to minute gossip, celebrity obsessed culture this is to be expected. Everyone expects their artists to just sell out and be their bitch these days. There was a time when that was uncool. There's no integrity, artistic freedom, attitude... left.  Just corporate business leading the masses like fkin' sheep.

♫ ♪ ♥

People have been listening to most of these songs for years. Besides, at this point most hardcore fans are more into following the saga itself than just listening to the music.

As far as selling out goes, GNR sold out loooooooong before Chinese Democracy was even thought of.

Welcome to the forum. 5

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

The thing that messes with my mind is Axl Rose is even crazier now than he was before. At least before, he wanted to win and would fight to make art. Now, he sits in a mansion and if a little kid asked him "where's Slash?" he'd probably start crying. This isn't an attack on Axl, it's just the way it is.

I understand him being sensitive and odd, that in part is what makes him a good artist, but releasing what averages a song a year? Come on, now. Does anyone really think we're going to see another album from this guy? There's just no way. I don't care if he has 3000 finished songs in his vaults. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but somehow I doubt it. That tour that was spoken of? I can't even see that happening. Nothing else from these guy's mouths has come true.

I just hope VR finds a new singer so we actually have some music to listen to from the musicians we most identify with.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Cj wrote:

♫ ♪ ♥

FUCKIN' A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KARMA FOR THIS 5

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Brett wrote:

The thing that messes with my mind is Axl Rose is even crazier now than he was before. At least before, he wanted to win and would fight to make art. Now, he sits in a mansion and if a little kid asked him "where's Slash?" he'd probably start crying. This isn't an attack on Axl, it's just the way it is.

I understand him being sensitive and odd, that in part is what makes him a good artist, but releasing what averages a song a year? Come on, now. Does anyone really think we're going to see another album from this guy? There's just no way. I don't care if he has 3000 finished songs in his vaults. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but somehow I doubt it. That tour that was spoken of? I can't even see that happening. Nothing else from these guy's mouths has come true.

I just hope VR finds a new singer so we actually have some music to listen to from the musicians we most identify with.

i don't know where you get these silly ideas from........ 11

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Brett wrote:

i don't know where you get these silly ideas from........ 11

Yeah me neither...I mean If you identify with VR then I'd say you could pick a better band... Just my opinion.

and another thing is people act like they spent 14 years working on 14 songs. Get real. We've heard from at least Three sources that there were at least 30+ finished songs.

Do the math.
We got another 16 songs coming sometime hopefully sooner than 16 years from now.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Probably knockin' back a few brews and a couple HOT chicks if he's the Axl we all know and love!!

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Probably knockin' back a few brews and a couple HOT chicks if he's the Axl we all know and love!!

Of course he is:

"Turn around bitches I got a use for U!!":haha:

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

We got one song per year released. I don't care if there's a million songs in the vault, we were intended to hear those 14.

VR is twice the band new GNR ever will be, the only problem was a bad singer. Contraband is an amazing rock album. Libertad is Weiland's shit, which would be like My World in the world of GNR. Shit.

But hey, if you wanna sit and pull Axl's bird, more power to you. I'm not buying it.

Board footer