You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How we will know for sure that CD is done

Sky Dog wrote:

Could not have said it better myself Sic......I think that is EXACTLY what is going on....:cool:

sic. wrote:

Thus, I believe 'label holding the release' is a very strong implication that CD (if not its successors) is done. After delivering the master, Axl has over a decade's worth of answers to be given to the label. His March 6th letter, while true to his intentions at the time, was certainly overoptimistic in this respect, as any regular relations with the label had been severed in early 2004, and Merck and co. were in the process of rebuilding the bridges.

The only question which was valid for 2007 was when the label would start hindering the release. Now, it's happening and thus I believe the record is done.

If I was to speculate, I'd probably come to a similar answer.  Mysteron says its done and in the label's hands (and his connection wit the band is legit or Jarmo would have shut him down).   They cancelled some dates at the beginning of the year to finish up recording, then a statement from Del James said the album was being mixed (i believe this was in Feb), so it totally makes sense.

I guess we'll find out when its time.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
sic. wrote:

Thus, I believe 'label holding the release' is a very strong implication that CD (if not its successors) is done. After delivering the master, Axl has over a decade's worth of answers to be given to the label. His March 6th letter, while true to his intentions at the time, was certainly overoptimistic in this respect, as any regular relations with the label had been severed in early 2004, and Merck and co. were in the process of rebuilding the bridges.

The only question which was valid for 2007 was when the label would start hindering the release. Now, it's happening and thus I believe the record is done.

If I was to speculate, I'd probably come to a similar answer.  Mysteron says its done and in the label's hands (and his connection wit the band is legit or Jarmo would have shut him down).   They cancelled some dates at the beginning of the year to finish up recording, then a statement from Del James said the album was being mixed (i believe this was in Feb), so it totally makes sense.

I guess we'll find out when its time.

Regardless of whether or not Mysteron has any "inside connections" to the band, his vague and almost always incorrect statements can only be taken with a grain of salt. Aside from getting pre-sale tickets, what has this guy ever done to prove his credibility. I've never seen anything. Some consider Jarmo an insider, and he was swearing this entire year that the album was going to come out in 2007. I've been saying since Axl's open letter last year that he wouldn't put it out in 07'. Can I be considered an insider too ? 16

Axl has been known to cancel concert dates before, so that doesn't prove to me that he did it to work on getting the album out there. Del saying that it was being mixed in Feb also means nothing. Do you really expect to hear him say something like "it's nowhere in sight." It was just another way to try and appease the fans, like Axl's December 06' open letter.

If anybody is seriously buying into this rumor that it's the record company holding this thing up, I'm assuming that you also believe santa will be paying you a visit next month.  16

bba

Sky Dog wrote:

I am not saying the record company is holding up the album. I am saying that various business matters are....stuff that Axl should have handled years ago but evidently didn't start until all the alleged recording was done. Merck said that as well after leaving.....is he lying too?

bringbackadler

madagas wrote:

I am not saying the record company is holding up the album. I am saying that various business matters are....stuff that Axl should have handled years ago but evidently didn't start until all the alleged recording was done. Merck said that as well after leaving.....is he lying too?

I don't recall Merck saying the only hold-up was business matters ?

bba

Sky Dog wrote:

Merck didn't say that, I did. Merck said in his response to Axl's open letter that the label would not talk to Gnr about contract renegotiations, videos and promotion until the album was done. Axl said the same thing. Now, if you use a little common sense and at least believe a fraction of what we have been told (the recording was done in Feb according to the band's website), then you can assume that "business issues" are what is holding up the release. Sebastian said this as well, Bumble has recently expressed distaste for "major labels", Mysteron's comment, and about 100 other clues, YOU CAN ASSUME WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF CERTAINTY that business matters are a big problem. You on the other hand don't believe anything so I am pounding my head against a brickwall by even responding.:headbang:

read and comprehend...THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR AXL...he wants to be the man, then he should have handled his business...which apparently he hasn't done if they are fuckin with the label in any capacity.:flame:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Now that you bring Merck up...

Yeah, he did say Axl had roughly a week of studio work before the Hammerstein gigs. After KROQ Inland Invasion, he spent two-three nights at the studio, with the other half of work left. Now, Merck never said the only hold-up (as if he even used such terminology) was the label, or the general lack of money. The situation was two-fold. Universal wanted a master copy before they'd budge. Also, Merck hinted a new deal was instrumental. Now, the catch-22 of late '06 is this: GNR wants Universal to work with them on the release, meaning video shoots, pre-release marketing, etc. Universal wants to a finished CD before they'll admit to anything. Axl keeps stalling the CD completion - in the December letter, it sounds like he himself has little clue of what's going in Universal's end.

If Universal would've come aboard earlier, Axl might've finished CD earlier. Now Merck was seemingly looking at both ends playing chicken with each other; by the time the tour wrapped, he'd been ran over. Axl's promise of March 6th only further states how little he was told by Merck about what needs to be done before the record can be released. Knowing that Merck has a reputation for cushioning hard facts for his artists, it doesn't actually come as a surprise. Doug Goldstein is also known to have kept his job as GNR manager for nearly a decade, because even band members have concurred he knew how to pamper Axl.

But try reading Merck's letter and Del's update while mindful about the trilogy concept. It does put a lot of things into different perspective.

Sky Dog wrote:

Merck Dec 15th 2006

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were ready to hand over the finished album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week. "

Axl dec 14th 2006
"In regard to a release date for the album itself certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled. Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion."

Now, you have Mysteron saying the record company is holding up the release.....in other words, it probably means Axl has finished music and they are negotiating on all the various shit that has piled up over the last decade...literally millions of dollars of record company money and Gnr money.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Ah, there it is.

After re-reading the letter, I'll rephrase my earlier comment. I feel Axl was overtly optimistic on how easy it would be to strike a new deal with the label. First off, he's got 'two to three days' left on the album. Tour ends Dec 20th. The following week is all season holidays. With a label willing to commit to a March 6th release, by eight week processing time the record would have to be turned in during the second week of January. Axl certainly could've done in the remaining studio days during the New Year (and he did, in Vegas no less). But. He obviously thought he could also persuade Universal with only cursory post-holiday listenings / meetings to release the beast posthaste, simply because he and his people had made some miscalculations down the line and now needed to redeem themselves.

I think March 6th was lost first and foremost because Axl realized he'd acted a bit too hastily (even April 3rd would've noticeably tipped the scales to his favor) and painted himself into a real nifty corner with a completely unrealistic release date simply because Universal would never commit to such a rapid action - not with a $13 Million project.

bringbackadler

madagas wrote:

Merck didn't say that, I did. Merck said in his response to Axl's open letter that the label would not talk to Gnr about contract renegotiations, videos and promotion until the album was done. Axl said the same thing. Now, if you use a little common sense and at least believe a fraction of what we have been told (the recording was done in Feb according to the band's website), then you can assume that "business issues" are what is holding up the release. Sebastian said this as well, Bumble has recently expressed distaste for "major labels", Mysteron's comment, and about 100 other clues, YOU CAN ASSUME WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF CERTAINTY that business matters are a big problem. You on the other hand don't believe anything so I am pounding my head against a brickwall by even responding.:headbang:

read and comprehend...THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR AXL...he wants to be the man, then he should have handled his business...which apparently he hasn't done if they are fuckin with the label in any capacity.:flame:

"I am not saying the record company is holding up the album. I am saying that various business matters are....stuff that Axl should have handled years ago but evidently didn't start until all the alleged recording was done. Merck said that as well after leaving.....is he lying too?"

There's your quote from pg 1. Now above you say Merck didn't say that, you did ?!? Uhhhh ???

Then you tell me I'm not using common sense because I don't believe what I am being told by insiders that we don't even know are legit ?? LOL. 16  Axl never said the record company is the hold up, management has never said the record company is the hold-up, the record company never said that they are the hold-up. Mysteron did. Who in the hell is Mysteron, and why should it be common sense to believe what he tells me ?  16

There's no "high degree of certaintity" business matters are holding this thing up. In fact, there is ABSOULTELY ZERO EVIDENCE to suggest that business matters are holding the album up. It's all speculation. I think it's really funny that you are failing to see this.  roll

bba

Board footer