You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Iovine Talks Axl, U2, Dre, Eminem

Sky Dog wrote:

I would save the flop predictions until the new year at least. Iovine seems to think it is going to exceed expectations...he may know a little more than you about selling an album.

Texas I assume you missed this quote. "It looks like it's going to do really well. I mean, really, really well. Beyond anybody's expectations."

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I would save the flop predictions until the new year at least. Iovine seems to think it is going to exceed expectations...he may know a little more than you about selling an album.

Ahem. $15 million (or more) spent making the damn thing. Given that the record industry is in shambles right now, it's pretty much impossible to make this album anything other than a flop. 3 million sold is the new 10 million. Hell, it might even be comparable to a bigger number than 10 million.

Sky Dog wrote:

we are not quite talking the same language...I don't care what it costs and neither does the 16 year old kid at Best Buy...the costs are Axl's and Jimmy's problem which from the sounds of that other article, they have been resolved. If it sells 3 million in the US over the next 6 months and 5-10 million worldwide, eveybody will be happy and it won't be a "flop".

Sky Dog wrote:

after I posted, I saw this on the rope from a man who knows!

"The Priest hears the first days are shockingly low." 18

"flop" may be appropriate as this should sell heavy the first week at least.:ummm:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

We always hear lots of stuff about GNR on Velvet Rope, but how many came true. Not many by my count. Someone just this weekend predicted a GNR AMA appearance. Uhhh, not so much.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

tejastech08

cd has been on the news, all over the internet, tons of in store promo at a lot of the best buys, commercails on the radio, commericals on tv, dr pepper, etc.

the cd is being promoted just fine

and 15 mil now? where did that come from. it's been 13mil since axl was cut off. that reminds me................

ATTENTION TO ALL: IT DID NOT COST 13 OR 15 MILLION DOLLARS TO MAKE CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!

there is obviously a lot of material that came out of the recording process that we have not even heard of in addition to the many additional rumored songs we have. i think it's safe to assume the label didn't extend any additional 13 or 15 million dollars multiplied by two for the additional 2 album's worth of material on top of the 13 mil you claim they spent on cd alone.

so unless axl/gnr is gonna praised for making additional albums at zero cost stop feeding the bullshit machine.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

"flop" may be appropriate as this should sell heavy the first week at least.:ummm:

hmmmm the best buy in my neck of the woods almost ran out yesterday. the local news also claimed that it was selling fast.

Sky Dog wrote:

well, to be fair, we don't know if another album will be released. 13

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

well, to be fair, we don't know if annother album will be released.

Precisely. I'm sure that's how Universal looks at it too. At the moment they have a roughly $13+ million sunk cost. If CD performs well and Axl delivers a couple more albums to them that also sell well, then the cost isn't such a huge deal although that is still a ton of money for 3 albums even.

Sky Dog wrote:
war wrote:
madagas wrote:

hmmmm the best buy in my neck of the woods almost ran out yesterday. the local news also claimed that it was selling fast.

the guy who said that is a major player and predicted the Azoff exclusive deal way before it would happen...he knows his shit. Some think he may be Geffen himself. Now, he could be wrong. We will know soon enough....it is safe to say there are some big shopping days left this week.:haha:

Board footer