You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash's Solo Album to Feature Ozzy Osbourne

Mikkamakka wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Can you imagine the ridicule and all-out shitstorm if Axl worked with Fergie?

As far as I know Axlites have the tendency to bash Slash for working with different artists. Some of it is true criticism, some based on purely on their hatred and desperate will to prove that Axl himself was Guns N' Roses (although now he's leading a real band;)).
Fergie is talented, the outcome can be great, that's all I care about. I even enjoyed the Christina Aguilera Beatiful solo spot on the GN'R shows, Fortus and Finck did a great job on that tune. (Yet I have not heard an Axlist crying loud cause Axl played an Aguliera song to rock fans.)

One thing to add: you're not an Axlite, but that sentence reminded me of them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yes, I am definitely not an Axlite, but I think this is a curious double standard. Are we really praising Fergie here? Most hip-hop fans would say she ruined a perfectly enjoyable Black Eyed Peas. I just think if Axl did it, we'd ALL be just tripping over ourselves to come up with the best one-liner that captured the entire idiocy of it.

It is true, Fergie may be a better "singer" than "hip-hop artist" but that's not saying a real lot. I'd be entirely more impressed if he recruited Pink. Now she can sing.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl praised Christina Aguilera and I backed him. I'm not a CA fan, but I can realize if someone can sing. Same goes for Fergie. So I don't have double standards. If Axl were to do a solo album of duets, I'd be comfortable with the idea. Same for the Slash solo album. But I don't want neither CA, nor Fergie to sing on a Guns N' Roses album. That'd be against everything that GN'R means to me. Solo efforts are different.

I'd like to hear Christina with Slash, too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

you still save the collaboration for when it finally happens.  If they were to do it now, and they reunited in the future as GnR, the effect would be watered down and noone would care as much.

Its not unprecedented. The two were on the track 'Anxious Disease' by The Outpatience.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 626#p63626

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Speaking of rumors, there is another (untrue) one circulating about the Quart Festival in Norway next year. The rumor is that SLASH is trying to get Robbie Williams, Fergie, Jack White and Fred Durst to join him in his headlining appearance in June - July. SLASH will be playing a mixture of old and new material, but he has not yet decided who he wants onstage with him.

www.snakepit.org

I think snakepit.org was a bit fast to nix it as an untrue rumour. These names are probably on Slash's list for the solo album and I don't see him denying anything, just saying he hasn't decided yet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow those would be cool guests on his solo album

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slash and Friends

It seems as if we’re looking at a late-May release for Slash’s first-ever "solo" album, which has a working title of Slash and Friends.

Featured vocalists include: Fergie, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz, B Real, Gavin Rossdale, Royston Langdon, Sebastian Bach, Perry Farrell, Steven Tyler and Alice Cooper.

Supposedly, Matt Sorum, Lars Ulrich, Stephen Perkins and Chad Smith all play drums on the disc.

Last Fall, Sebastian Bach said that Slash’s album was going to be "mind-blowing."

Now, where have we heard that before?

Slash and Friends will play the Quart Festival in July 2009.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Kid Rock, B Real, Tyler, Cooper and even Farrel are good enough for me. The rest can fuck off especially Fergie. What the fuck is Fergie doing on Slash's solo album?

Bach is the the GNR whore.. Just sleeps with any member past or present to get some air time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not sure if Bach will really be on it.  Don't know how official any of this is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's not a very good line up of artists. Kravitz brings the most potential out of that group. He could easily do without Baz. I don't think he mixes well with GNR. The Axl Baz Angel Down tracks were terrible and so was that track he did on Duff's Believe in Me. Don't really have anything against the other artists necessarily, just sounds like an odd group of people.

That's also a generic name. I'd rather he just labeled the disc 'Slash'.

If he's got some ballad ready to record, I wish he'd give someone like Seal a call.

Board footer