You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: For the record.....

Sky Dog wrote:

I was actually just joking because a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I bought it. I don't even feel the need to give reviews or argue about it anymore. It's over. See, no smartass comeback.:peace:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok neemo...I can understand your point of view now. For myself...i can relate to those things...like the wait...it was pretty annoying when the 07 date was passed with no further updates...but I guess I take it all with a grain of salt..as it's obvious to me from all the personality invoved and all the history that there will always be some amount of trouble associated with GNR, but speaking for myself I can forgive all of that when I hear a track like "This I love". It reminds me why I like this stuff and how good it really is.

More broadly...I feel a bit like the net is a mixed gift to the music industy, like in one sence it fuels the fire, and gives us out little community. A lot of us would have given up the wait without it. On the other hand...i feel like James' story above was a demonstration of some of the negatives...he already had the CD booklet and the album before release day...so there's no climax for him.

Each to their own. For me purchasing the record is part of this chapter of the GNR journey. And for myself...i feel that the amount of times i've listened to leaks..spent thinking about the band alone...would justify a purchase. But each to their own. Peace guys! smile

EDIT: Opps...mean Bono not Neemo wink

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you must mean Bono not neemo 16

i bought the album, no hesitation and i've been waiting forever....TSI was a hgue letdown for me so immediately after the first spin of TSI i was ready for the next album of original material from Axl...i'm kinda in a differnt place than most of you cuz i'm equally a fna of slash as well as axl so i'm there for anythign to do with either guy ... but i dunno ... this whole relelase has been relatively anti climactic for me...peopel ask me how the album is....my response...its ok....maybe i'm in shock, i dunno it just kinda happened...Merck was more right than any of us wanted to beleive...someday it'll just be in your store...thats how it feels for me, i cant explain it right now...maybe it'll sink in in a few days that its all actually over

all that being said, i've carried the disk with me everywhere i've been the last few days...i'm in the house, its in my player, i'm in the car, its in the player, i'm at work its in my computer....the booklet is open next to me as i speak and Sorry is playing as i type....i think its gonna take me a while to take this album in...i'm intentionally avoiding the review thread until i fully digest this thing

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't think you can question someone being a fan for not liking everything or not being as excited as you are. I don't like the whole album either. I consider myself just a fan as anyone else.

I went out and bought it. I won't lie there was something about actually going to the store and buying it. I didn't stand there and hold it and look at it or anything. Just grabbed it and put it with the Danzig album and Pantera DVD both I had fucked up before and went home. I did have a ceremonial joint ride to and from Best Buy though listening to a GNR mix. That made it all too special. 16

And Neemo.. I feel you on that one. Fan of both Axl and Slash. I never felt the need to take sides. 5

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you must mean Bono not neemo 16

16:haha::haha: Apparently i'm stupid 17 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I didn't stand there and hold it and look at it or anything. Just grabbed it

same here...went into the store and grabbed a couple things as well as CD and left on my merry way

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

And Neemo.. I feel you on that one. Fan of both Axl and Slash. I never felt the need to take sides. 5

Amen! 3 Like Neemo said...i'm there for anything either of them do. smile 9

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i understand exactly what bono's sayin... i kinda went through that "fuck them" thing... but as the release date drew near, it was like the culmination of everything.. it's a personal thing to me..... i bought it just to say" i bought chinese democracy"... and regardless of how "thrown together" everything seems... the fact of the matter was that i could. so i did.
i agree that something is definitely wrong with how all of this is going down

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Good thing I've bought 3 copies total (so far). I've covered for Bono.

Thanks man! 16

Board footer