You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: This I Love

Olorin wrote:

I think the contrast is deliberate, it just hurts my ears is all.

The piano is lovely.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I love This I Love, I think it's one of axl's best work. It's very emotional and deep, yet has the same 'teenage fragility' like SCOM. He put out his soul, no doubt, the song is what Axl is. Briliant. The best song of the album, since it's not overproduced, I can almost feel Axl playing in my living room. My only complaint is the guitar solo... it's like... you know, when you're eating maybe the best cake in your life and then you find a friggin' hair in that.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I feel the solo is ok. IMO the song doesn't ask for some eppic November Rain type solo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its too bad Axl didnt do something like this with This I Love...Jon here made a mostly vocal song with some background guitar but he managed to keep his voice retain the "rock music" aspect, and not go overboard with cheesy lyrics...another thing about htis tack below is that its kept short and to the point

finally i wanna say one thing, i gave myself a bit of a breather with CD and i went back and listened to it 2 times through on friday, TIL i think woulda lent itself better on being a bonus track, and then move prostitute up to track 13

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

It's not my favorite.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think it's awesome, one of the best tracks on the album and one of my favourite "Gn'R" tracks of all time. Leave it as it is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i cant beleive that atari....you arent serious are you? one of gnr's best songs ever!!!?!!

anyway, check these out they're pretty cool...

[youtube]zltDySs_Bu8&feature=related[/youtube]

then the strumming on the kid murcury one too...he should do that song without singing 16

I still say cut off everything after the solo starts...make the track around 2:35ish in length and have just Axl and acousitc guitars....woulda been sweet..and a cool throwback to patience to boot

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of "This I Love".  It's good, but I wouldn't rank it as one of my favorites by any means.  But I think it gets a bad rap from many on these forums.  Although, it's sort of a love/hate situation.  People either say it's their favorite song on the album or hate the solo.  I think the casual fan would be more accepting of the song and less critical.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think it's awesome, one of the best tracks on the album and one of my favourite "Gn'R" tracks of all time. Leave it as it is.

I'll second that

I'll third that if it's the chicken_dinner remix that turns up the orchestra, and let's Robin's solo back it. 9

Board footer