You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: This I Love

James wrote:

Started to warm up to this track when that Rock Band rip came out.  Went back to the album, and same shit as before. Solo just completely kills it. Right when the song starts, you know that turd is about to drop.

I can handle the lyrics, but those nails on a chalkboard destroy it. Still amazes me that he let it make it on to the album.

Song wont go over well as a single. The solo is just too abrasive. A total pipe dream that will never occur, but if they ever did that record with various remixes, would be smart to include a version of this track with either a different solo or no solo at all. Redo the track and market it towards easy listening stations.

Bucket would have been amazing on this track. Some Bucket guitar work like on Earth Heals Herself or even Enter Tomorrow would have elevated this track to epic status.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I like the song but like you have a problem with the solo. I like the lyrics and Axl's vocals are perfect for this song. It can reach a little too nail on chalk sounded but for the verses especially it's really well sung by Axl. The solo as you said is too abrasive in parts. It almost gets there but it's brought down too many times. It's a good solo but with this song it needed to be better. I actually like the very ending of the solo when Axl kicks in and the guitar mimics his vocals and tails off into some real good playing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bucket would have been amazing on this track. Some Bucket guitar work like on Earth Heals Herself or even Enter Tomorrow would have elevated this track to epic status.

Why not ask chicken_dinner to try something like he did with that faux Bucket Shackler's solo. If he finds something by Bucket in the same key as TIL he could possibly franken-solo something together.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Why not ask chicken_dinner to try something like he did with that faux Bucket Shackler's solo. If he finds something by Bucket in the same key as TIL he could possibly franken-solo something together.

it might not even need to be in the same key or timing potentially, you can do amazing things with music editing software.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
drborken wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

it might not even need to be in the same key or timing potentially, you can do amazing things with music editing software.

Suppose if you lower or raise the pitch of the Bucket track you could change the pitch. Although ideally a track that already fit would probably be the best solution.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
Axl S wrote:
drborken wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Suppose if you lower or raise the pitch of the Bucket track you could change the pitch. Although ideally a track that already fit would probably be the best solution.

yeah it would probably sound better overall.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't have the same appreciation for this song as I did when the album first came out. It's appeal has almost worn off for me I think casue even though Axl souns good in it he sounds kinda like a wuss. Maybe it's the lyrics or the tone but rather than a sad love song it sounds like some guy loathing in self pity. Actually I think it's the chorus I dislike .I'm not sure but it just dosn't appeal to me the way it originally did.  I do still think Robin's solo in it kicks ass. Highlight of the song for sure in my opinion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't really like fan remixes from any band. Only fan edit I listen to is the Riad demo with the Riad album intro included.

I do still think Robin's solo in it kicks ass. Highlight of the song for sure in my opinion.

If that's the highlight, I don't want to know what the lowlight is. 16

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I think the guitar players here should have a go at re-doing the solo for this one.  I have no doubt that we, the fans, could elevate this song to epic status.

Can someone PM me the track minus the solo?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't have the same appreciation for this song as I did when the album first came out. It's appeal has almost worn off for me I think casue even though Axl souns good in it he sounds kinda like a wuss. Maybe it's the lyrics or the tone but rather than a sad love song it sounds like some guy loathing in self pity. Actually I think it's the chorus I dislike .I'm not sure but it just dosn't appeal to me the way it originally did.  I do still think Robin's solo in it kicks ass. Highlight of the song for sure in my opinion.

it fits in context and emotion of the robin williams wen he lost his wife in the movie it was written for.

the solo is good but dosent fit..sounds like an after thought pulled from a track of solos and not written for the song. i read somewhere that they did some songs like that

Board footer