You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Funny story about CD

gnfnraxl wrote:

Allright.  I posted this story on the rate it thread but I decided that story deserved it's own topic.  I appologise to the mods if this ain't cool.  I have to share a funny story about this album.  My daughter is 14 months old.  She loves music and I say love music of all kinds.  Loves music so much she knows how to turn the stereo on, how to push play and turn the volume up if she likes a song very much and turn it down if she doesn't like the song.  Anyways yesterday while listening to the album Chinese Democracy, Malika (my daughter) was dancing the whole time and you could tell she loved the music.  When CITR started to play about 30 or 45 seconds in she just started to cry and she didn't stop for the rest of the song.  And when scraped started to play, after the intro was done, she just went and turned off the stereo turned away and went to play with her toys a happy kid.  I laughed my ass off.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Gabriel used to do that with live and let die and civil war when he was the same age...

He loves latino music, in inherited that from his biological father...Not that much into GNR but more " samba shakeyaass"

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That's classic.  I agree with her taste regarding Scraped. 16

That's like my nephew - he's 3.  His mum and dad always go on about how his Uncle Marcus is in to "Gunners".  So whenever he comes over he's always saying to me "Gunners".

Anyhow, one night I was going thru the ringtones on my phone playing them for him.  There was a huge mixture - Metallica, Poison (yes Poison), Sesame Street etc etc.  Anyhow, I had Sweet Child on there and the intro riff starts playing and he goes "Gunners".

He didn't do it to any other song, I was pretty shocked for a 3 year old, particularly when I never taught him that nor had played the song for him previously.  18

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I cried all the way through Catcher In The Rye, and it wasnt tears of joy .

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my 14month oold daughter was doing the nana's along with catcher 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I cried all the way through Catcher In The Rye, and it wasnt tears of joy .

Oh trust me it wasn't tears of joy for her either.  And everytime I play CITR you can see she can't stand the song.  She'll turn down the volume, cry or just plain turn off the stereo.  Scraped I think she got over though.  She doesn't dance but just ignores it.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Kids - the innocence and the honesty - they simply don't lie 16

I'll take that as a Catcher with a thumbs down!  lol

(Personally I actually don't mind Catcher).

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Kids - the innocence and the honesty - they simply don't lie 16

I'll take that as a Catcher with a thumbs down!  lol

(Personally I actually don't mind Catcher).

To me that version of CITR sucks.  And Robin is largely to blame.  My daughter doesn't like that song obviously.  Tried again this morning.  She just turned the volume down.  I turned it up again to see what she would do and she went and turned the tv on in hopes to drown the music.  I just think it's funny that even at the early age of 1 kids can find ways to express tastes in music.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

too true...

GAbriel hates civil war, he used to scream on it and it made him very agitated, like it still does me although i feel better after the anger it brings out of me.

What makes me laugh is how gaby hates the SCOM intro ( saul's guitar) but yet likes the song.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

And when scraped started to play, after the intro was done, she just went and turned off the stereo turned away and went to play with her toys a happy kid.

Funny, I did the exact same thing.. 16

j/k

Board footer