You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: A great CD review with plenty of praise for Bucket

sandman wrote:

i love Bucket, but to say he's the "true star" is just hilarious. his work is great, but even his biggest fans couldn't tell if certain solos were his or Bumblefoot's.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bucket is the most talented musician to ever "check in" with GN'R.

The fact they practically threw a blank check at him in 2006 is proof positive they KNOW they need him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

My biggest fear about CD from about 2002 was that Axl would end up producing the thing to death... And it happened. My biggest fear now is that Axl will have Ron re-do most to all of Bucket's parts on his other recordings.

There could be some seriously monumental work Buckethead has done (at least over 30 songs) that we could possibly never hear. Because you have to think, with the track listing of CD and the 4 album plan, Axl's holding some of the real-real Big Guns for future albums.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Since he seems to have failed to put out a song that would set the world in fire, I don't think he has big-big-big-big guns left. He'd have put some of those to CD, his first album in 17 years. Or there is a masterplan I'm not aware of, and he wants to regain the past glory with the third album in 2012, with The General.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

We've already heard the Big Guns.

Axl wouldn't hold off more Big Guns for future albums, knowing he HAD to deliver with CD. It had to be the biggest, because of the mountain it had to climb.

I have no doubt that they considered If The World, TWAT, Catcher, Sorry, This I Love & Prostitute - 'Big Guns'.

With the exception of Sorry, all of those songs have gotten mixed reactions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no way he'd put out all his "best" on CD when he's planning multiple albums to release. Plus, there were "hit" songs held back from Appetite and saved for the Illusion albums, so this has been done before. If he has over 30 songs ready (from what we know) with a four album plan in mind, I just don't see him blowing his load on the first album. And there has to be some more killer songs with Buckethead on it. There has to be.

If he was trying to set the world on fire with CD and used all his best songs we wouldn't have got the album we did. There was a reason, I believe, we got Shackler's Revenge and Scraped over The General and Atlas Shrugged.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

None of us has heard The General and Atlas Shrugged. People, includin me, were excited over the years about Prostitute. Now I think it's the worst GN'R song ever released. I feel that we're still waiting for the 'big guns', cause there aren't anything really "mindblowing" on CD. I'm not sure if there is any. It's a solid record, but it's crystal clear that the decade long cut and paste job isn't as effecting as putting five people in a room to write and record an album.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no way he'd put out all his "best" on CD when he's planning multiple albums to release. Plus, there were "hit" songs held back from Appetite and saved for the Illusion albums, so this has been done before. If he has over 30 songs ready (from what we know) with a four album plan in mind, I just don't see him blowing his load on the first album. And there has to be some more killer songs with Buckethead on it. There has to be.

If he was trying to set the world on fire with CD and used all his best songs we wouldn't have got the album we did. There was a reason, I believe, we got Shackler's Revenge and Scraped over The General and Atlas Shrugged.

I think most of this material, even if there is four albums worth, was worked even before Bucket. Back in the Axl, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Josh, Dizzy & Chris days. Axl was talking like 80 songs in '99.

I think the question becomes, how many songs did Bucket work on from 2001-2004, that were already pre-existing.

Granted songs like Shackler's seem like a "Bucket original", but the rest of them have been around even before him.

Board footer